“Yuck, Gross!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Chalet Motel
1801 London Road, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #29 of 32 hotels in Duluth
MN
“Yuck, Gross!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My father is in the Hospital, we needed a place to stay, all the hotel, motels were booked except the Chalet Motel, with 17 rooms open. Well right off the bat it didn't sound good, but beggers can't be choosers. So we go to the motel, get our room, first we could not find it, went around all over the plece got the giggles, cause we seen a room out in the bushes, finally we find it, not good the floor is nasty!! A tan carped was black with stains and burns, the beds yuck can you say bed bugs!! the sheets were not clean hair all over them and stains, yes stains!! Um somebody forgot to wash them!! Okay so we ask for a new room, guess what we got the room in the bushes lol We go in and this carpet was a burnt orange, so you can't see the stains, and the furniture should of went to the dump!!! The couch you may as well sit on the ground and dirty!! Well, we looked at the sheets, the comforter on the other hand had some pink, red stains on it, okay we can take the comforter off at least these sheets look clean. I was sitting on a chair ( surprised it didn't break) and something caught my eye under the bed, it was a dirty used crusty shot glass!! Okay giggle time, look on the other side of the bed and oh my a dirty crusty sock with the pink, red stains on it!! that did it we went and got our money back and drove home, we will drive back to the Hospital!!
I really wish we would of got pictures of this place to put on here, I am telling you DON"T GO HERE!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Bloomington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

We were doing one of those
"spontaneous trips" where we came into Duluth with no reservations at any motel. We saw the sign advertising $36 rooms and figured we'd try it. It was just fine! The room was clean, the staff was friendly and polite, and it was very conveniently located. We even stayed a second night. True, there was no shampoo or alarm clock, but with our cell phones and watches, we had 4 items that could ring, and the money we saved was well worth no 1 ounce shampoo bottle. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

What do people expect for $36 - $60 per night? I stay there frequently and like it. I am in DLH at least 2 times a month and paying $150 and up in Canal Park is ridiculous for an average room. Steve, the owner, goes out of his way to make my stays good. It is close to Lake Walk, the freeway, fast food, downtown and North Shore access. C'mon folks, pay for more if you want more.

Everyroom has been as clean as it could be for the age of the motel.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
thunder bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

Ok, so if you dont mind cigarette burns on your sheets, the floor,
and the furniture this is the place for you! Thank god we had our flipflops because you have to be crazy to step into the bathroom without them. This room was so filthy we went to walmart and bought new pillowcases and a blanket because the ones we got were disgusting. The only reason we stayed here was because it was cheap, 32$, still way too much for this place. With the money we spent on new sheets and pillowcases we couldve stayed at a better hotel but honestly we were too lazy.
Anyways, bottom line is, this place is cheap but I would rather sleep under a bridge then go back there!

• Liked — honetly, the best thing about this place is it made me laugh - I couldnt believe the low standards
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Paul, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

Stayed here with my child for two nights because of the low rate of $65 per night. I was glad to have my flip flops so that my bare feet did not touch the filthy carpet. The rest of the room was clean including the bathroom which was quite nice. The sheets are old but clean. Noise from the traffic on London Road and 18th Ave made it hard to sleep without the air conditioner humming. The owners live on site and are nice but why they can't get the carpet cleaned is beyond me. They do have cable TV -- a thrill for my daughter who does not have it at home.

Stayed June 2006
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

if you are a bargin hunter like me,this is the place for you.the hotel is an older one.the rooms are clean. everything works,there is cable.it is very close to many of the attractions.i will go back again.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2005

This Hotel I would not recomend, the first thing we noticed when we got our room was that the door lock was not very secure, they do not supply shampoo and such, nor a clock (which is NOT the biggest deal) the biggest deal came when we were going to go to bed and noticed the sheets had not been cleaned at all!
three words,'The Chalet Nasty'.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Chalet Motel? Share your experiences!