“Dumpville, Duluth” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Chalet Motel
1801 London Road, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #29 of 32 hotels in Duluth
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dumpville, Duluth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2003

Okay. I came across this motel and decided to stay the night. When I was at the front desk to request a room, I had to ring a bell which sounded like something out of the Adams Family. Suddenly he comes out of the back, which I then notice is his own house/room, and looks as if he was fast asleep. One night for one bed was about 44 bucks. Anyways I get my key and off to my room. When I enter my room, I was astonished to see before me the dirtiest room ever! The bed sheets were all taken and swirled up like a cinnebon and placed on the bed, while the comforter ( If I may call it that ) was thrown into the corner. Some of the lights did not work. The bathroom had water all over the floor. Wads of bathroom towels were thrown on the floor, and no shampoo or soap was even provided or found. And to bring it back to the bed, the sheets were not even washed! Perfume was sprayed on them! Trust me, go anywhere else but this place.

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2002

Most people stay at a hotel in Canal Park, there are some good hidden gems in the east side that cost little money but still give you a good night's stay.

The Chalet Motel is cheap and clean, it's located by some fast food restaurants like Pizza Hut McDonalds and Taco John's in just right across the street.

The Motel is very close to the lake walk so you can take a stroll to Canal Park and just enjoy the scenery, the motel offers cable, unlimited ice and coffee and in the morning the provides free donuts.

This Motel is MUCH better then the Canal Park Inn and costs half as much, if you want to visit Duluth on a budget....This is the place to stay!

Been to Chalet Motel? Share your experiences!