“Great stay at The Inn” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Great stay at The Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been visiting Duluth throughout my whole life. My family usually stays at "The Suites" in Canal Park, but we decided to try something different. First off, front desk service was easy and the staff were friendly. We were very happy to see a breakfast area. The cappuccino machine to use whenever was a big plus for us! Our room was a nice bridge view with a patio. We enjoyed the size of the room. No complaints about the room we could think of! We used the outdoor pool once, and it was great! The temperature felt great, and I found the outdoor pool on the roof to be a very neat aspect to The Inn. Another unique aspect we enjoyed was the smores they set out for guests. They were very good! The location of The Inn was great, and we could walk wherever we wanted to go in Canal Park. Breakfast the next morning was very tasty, but we couldn't find a spot to sit. Overall, we are grateful with our decision to stay here! Thank you to all the staff that made our stay enjoyable.

Green Features: Did not know about the environmental practices, but this is good to know! The Inn should display their efforts with this.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Mitch M,

Thanks for giving us try and for sharing your great review. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your business and your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Champlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very nice hotel. The breakfast staff was awesome and actually serving us like in a restaurant. Great hot tubs and location in the middle of Canal Park. They also have a great selection of rooms to accommodate large groups.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Twidelde,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. It's always nice to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

All personal there to make your stay relaxing and memorable. Highly recommended. The rooms are prepared for your comport and relaxation. Extra pillows on each bed. Television choices are at a maximum. I love that the sink and mirror are located outside the lavatory and shower area.

Room Tip: Love pool view.
Green Features: Breakfast area and waste baskets in rooms are labeled for environmental waste.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. It is always gratifying to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your high recommendation. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Tried to check in early-room was not done. 20 minutes later my phone rang and I was told it was ready-thats great customer service. Aaron did a great job of cleaning my room. It was spotless. Breakfast was more than ok; it was delicious and everything was kept filled and the area cleaned. During my stay I walked past numerous workers and almost everyone asked if I needed anything. Pool area was very clean and no chlorine odor to overpower your senses. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear kboser53,

Thanks so much for staying with us and posting your nice review! We want to provide all our guests with an excellent experience that makes them happy they decided to stay with us. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only a couple nights during a frigid cold-snap in Jan. the reception staff was great, my double-queen bed room was big, well appointed, and with a balcony overlooking lake superior. My room had a nice big tv, very comfy bed and was super-clean room. The morning breakfast had the usual stuff, but the Belgian waffles are a nice touch. The location of the hotel is perfect for wandering the waterfront shops and restaurants. Grandmas restaurant down the street was excellent!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear BizDevRoadee,

Thanks for taking the time to post your remarks about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here, and that you were able to escape the cold in pleasurable surroundings. I hope you will be our guest again.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was coming into Duluth in the early evening and needed a place with easy on/off of 35E, had a lake view, and was quiet and serene. I found it at The Inn on Lake Superior! I liked the fireplace in the loby where I could have a coffee while the car warmed up in the -15F morning. The sunrise was that deep blue, yellow and orange with the lighthouse in the distance. I didn't actually know how beautiful it was until I woke up! The price was right, given a Monday night. Given the number of cars in the parking area, they must have been almost full but still the staff was able to upgrade me. There are 2 - 3 restaurants that you can walk to. Didn't have time this morning to look at the shops across the street but next time I will. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea available all day long. Nice shower. Big towels. Little deck, but I only went outside to take photos! Breakfast staff very nice, as well!

Room Tip: You know, the room facing the lake cost a bit more...but why not?? The view in the morning is well...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear REJ810,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It's always nice to receive compliments from happy guests, and I will share your remarks with the rest of our team here. I hope we can serve you here again.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

A group of us (18 people) stayed for 4 nights and our entire stay was at this hotel was perfect. Friendly staff , very helpfull. Lots of room where you have breakfast and it's a nice place to even order pizza and sit all together as a group. Also a nice touch with the smors and bonfire's on the lakeside of the hotel. Pool area was good although we couldn't use the pool on the roof. (To cold). I would've gone in no matter how cold it was outside. Either way I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Dean G,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your wonderful group visit, and for posting your comments. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here. I'm glad you were happy with us and hope you will be our guests again.