“This establishment knows how to treat people” 5 of 5 stars

350 Canal Park Drive, Duluth, MN 55802   |
Ranked #2 of 32 hotels in Duluth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Duluth, Minnesota
“This establishment knows how to treat people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

All personal there to make your stay relaxing and memorable. Highly recommended. The rooms are prepared for your comport and relaxation. Extra pillows on each bed. Television choices are at a maximum. I love that the sink and mirror are located outside the lavatory and shower area.

Room Tip: Love pool view.
Green Features: Breakfast area and waste baskets in rooms are labeled for environmental waste.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. It is always gratifying to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your high recommendation. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Tried to check in early-room was not done. 20 minutes later my phone rang and I was told it was ready-thats great customer service. Aaron did a great job of cleaning my room. It was spotless. Breakfast was more than ok; it was delicious and everything was kept filled and the area cleaned. During my stay I walked past numerous workers and almost everyone asked if I needed anything. Pool area was very clean and no chlorine odor to overpower your senses. Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear kboser53,

Thanks so much for staying with us and posting your nice review! We want to provide all our guests with an excellent experience that makes them happy they decided to stay with us. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only a couple nights during a frigid cold-snap in Jan. the reception staff was great, my double-queen bed room was big, well appointed, and with a balcony overlooking lake superior. My room had a nice big tv, very comfy bed and was super-clean room. The morning breakfast had the usual stuff, but the Belgian waffles are a nice touch. The location of the hotel is perfect for wandering the waterfront shops and restaurants. Grandmas restaurant down the street was excellent!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear BizDevRoadee,

Thanks for taking the time to post your remarks about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here, and that you were able to escape the cold in pleasurable surroundings. I hope you will be our guest again.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was coming into Duluth in the early evening and needed a place with easy on/off of 35E, had a lake view, and was quiet and serene. I found it at The Inn on Lake Superior! I liked the fireplace in the loby where I could have a coffee while the car warmed up in the -15F morning. The sunrise was that deep blue, yellow and orange with the lighthouse in the distance. I didn't actually know how beautiful it was until I woke up! The price was right, given a Monday night. Given the number of cars in the parking area, they must have been almost full but still the staff was able to upgrade me. There are 2 - 3 restaurants that you can walk to. Didn't have time this morning to look at the shops across the street but next time I will. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea available all day long. Nice shower. Big towels. Little deck, but I only went outside to take photos! Breakfast staff very nice, as well!

Room Tip: You know, the room facing the lake cost a bit more...but why not?? The view in the morning is well...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear REJ810,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It's always nice to receive compliments from happy guests, and I will share your remarks with the rest of our team here. I hope we can serve you here again.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

A group of us (18 people) stayed for 4 nights and our entire stay was at this hotel was perfect. Friendly staff , very helpfull. Lots of room where you have breakfast and it's a nice place to even order pizza and sit all together as a group. Also a nice touch with the smors and bonfire's on the lakeside of the hotel. Pool area was good although we couldn't use the pool on the roof. (To cold). I would've gone in no matter how cold it was outside. Either way I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Dean G,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your wonderful group visit, and for posting your comments. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here. I'm glad you were happy with us and hope you will be our guests again.

Estevan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were passengers on a diverted flight that was held over. The entire staff bent over backwards to help us all! Not once did we hear the words "no or can't". Fabulous beds , food, and well, everything!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear George L,

Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was unintended and under less than perfect circumstances! Our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

All hotel employees were very helpful. If they didn't know the anwser, they found somebody that did. Very courteous and polite. It was a pleasure staying there. Breakfast was also exceptional. One of the best for a hotel

• Stayed December 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Brandon D,

Thanks so much for sharing your nice comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will be our guest again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Inn On Lake Superior? Share your experiences!