“Amazing lake views” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hood River, Oregon
“Amazing lake views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only a couple nights during a frigid cold-snap in Jan. the reception staff was great, my double-queen bed room was big, well appointed, and with a balcony overlooking lake superior. My room had a nice big tv, very comfy bed and was super-clean room. The morning breakfast had the usual stuff, but the Belgian waffles are a nice touch. The location of the hotel is perfect for wandering the waterfront shops and restaurants. Grandmas restaurant down the street was excellent!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear BizDevRoadee,

Thanks for taking the time to post your remarks about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here, and that you were able to escape the cold in pleasurable surroundings. I hope you will be our guest again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was coming into Duluth in the early evening and needed a place with easy on/off of 35E, had a lake view, and was quiet and serene. I found it at The Inn on Lake Superior! I liked the fireplace in the loby where I could have a coffee while the car warmed up in the -15F morning. The sunrise was that deep blue, yellow and orange with the lighthouse in the distance. I didn't actually know how beautiful it was until I woke up! The price was right, given a Monday night. Given the number of cars in the parking area, they must have been almost full but still the staff was able to upgrade me. There are 2 - 3 restaurants that you can walk to. Didn't have time this morning to look at the shops across the street but next time I will. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea available all day long. Nice shower. Big towels. Little deck, but I only went outside to take photos! Breakfast staff very nice, as well!

Room Tip: You know, the room facing the lake cost a bit more...but why not?? The view in the morning is well...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear REJ810,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It's always nice to receive compliments from happy guests, and I will share your remarks with the rest of our team here. I hope we can serve you here again.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

A group of us (18 people) stayed for 4 nights and our entire stay was at this hotel was perfect. Friendly staff , very helpfull. Lots of room where you have breakfast and it's a nice place to even order pizza and sit all together as a group. Also a nice touch with the smors and bonfire's on the lakeside of the hotel. Pool area was good although we couldn't use the pool on the roof. (To cold). I would've gone in no matter how cold it was outside. Either way I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Dean G,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your wonderful group visit, and for posting your comments. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here. I'm glad you were happy with us and hope you will be our guests again.

Estevan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were passengers on a diverted flight that was held over. The entire staff bent over backwards to help us all! Not once did we hear the words "no or can't". Fabulous beds , food, and well, everything!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear George L,

Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was unintended and under less than perfect circumstances! Our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

All hotel employees were very helpful. If they didn't know the anwser, they found somebody that did. Very courteous and polite. It was a pleasure staying there. Breakfast was also exceptional. One of the best for a hotel

• Stayed December 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Brandon D,

Thanks so much for sharing your nice comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will be our guest again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I took a trip to Duluth in December 2013 and stayed at this hotel. We stayed in a Lakeside King Room, and the view of Superior was amazing. The room was very clean, the fridge had two cans of pop and two bottles of water, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly. My only complaint about the hotel was that it was a bit noisy in the hallways, and you could hear people in the adjacent room. All in all, I will definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to Duluth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Peter U,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you here again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great place to go to Duluth. We stay there a lot and have never had any issues. The rooms are always clean and the people are nice. The pools are clean and fun. Love the smores outside at night and great view of the lake. It is conveniently located with great shops and food right across the street. Very close to downtown also with can be enjoyable to walk around.

Room Tip: I enjoy the Jacuzzi suites, very nice for price
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Jennifer P,

Thanks so much for your loyalty and lovely review. I am so glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay, with the best in accommodations, amenities and service. We love welcoming you back and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Inn On Lake Superior? Share your experiences!