“Amazing Staff + Amazing Location= Amazing Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

350 Canal Park Drive, Duluth, MN 55802   |
Ranked #2 of 32 hotels in Duluth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Amazing Staff + Amazing Location= Amazing Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family recently stayed in Duluth for 2 nights. One night at a hotel in downtown Duluth (we were there for a wedding) and the next night we stayed down in Canal Park at The Inn on Lake Superior. The staff went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed, the live outdoor entertainment while you play bean bag toss or roast s'mores made you feel like you were at your own cabin. And the awesome location to the water was the cherry on the top! We'll definately be back...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Chrissy G,

Thanks for staying with us with your family after the wedding you attended downtown. Of course we want all our guests to have the same excellent experience that you had, and I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. I'm happy to hear you'll be back and look forward to serving you here again.

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

At this Canal Park inn, you get first-class accommodations and the most awesome views of Lake Superior and Duluth Harbor. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel the gracious ambience of a continental hotel, yet you also feel the comforts of being at home. The Inn is my favorite place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear YoMoKnows,

Thanks so much for making your very first TA review about us, and for making it such a nice one. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Northwood, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I rode motorcycle to Duluth to see the sights and visit friends We had stayed at the Inn on Superior once before, shortly after it was built. We loved the room, location and the friendly staff and decided to stay again if we got back this way. We were not disappointed upon our return. We found that the motel was newly remodeled. Check in was a breeze, even with the high volume of people checking in at the time of our arrival. The staff was very friendly efficient and quick to answer questions we had. Our ground floor, lakeside, King Jacuzzi room was clean, with plenty of towels and amenities. The pillow top king size bed was very comfortable and had five pillows of differing firmness, so I had no problem finding one to my liking. I've resorted to using my rolled up leather jacket as a pillow, at some of the places I've stayed at. Not here! The complimentary sodas and bottled water in the fridge was a nice touch, not to mention the binoculars that were provided with the room, to be used for viewing during our stay. My fellow motorcycle riders should be happy to know that there is a low traffic area near the front entrance just for motorcycle parking. They even have rings imbedded into the parking lot for extra security of the motorcycle. Not that its needed in this neighborhood. The Inn even provides free use of bicycles for their guests, should they be so inclined.
The cost of the room, this time of year is pricy, but I have paid way more for a heck of a lot less at other places. There is a lot to see and do, all within walking distance, so you can't beat the convenience, and the view from the lakeside rooms is fantastic! The breakfast was as good as any, with plenty of options to chose from. Fresh fruit, baked goods, scrambled eggs & link sausage & lots of other choices as well. The only fault that I can think of was that of my own, I forgot to request a fan for my wife, when I made the reservation and they were all spoken for when we got there. Dang hot flashes!
Anyway, we both both enjoyed our stay - she slept nearest the air conditioner. We'll be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear NDfrmboy,

Thank you very much for remembering us and then taking the time to write and post your detailed review about your recent stay here. Guest safety and comfort are our top priorities, and we take the responsibility for both very seriously. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you on a future trip.

Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Inn twice now, and most recently was this past June. The hotel lobby and most of the rooms have been remodeled. I was very impressed with the new design and décor. We requested a lake view room and it did not disappoint. I was traveling with a female friend and our daughters who were celebrating turning 12. I made a notation of this on the reservation and when we got to our room, there was sparkling cider, champagne glasses and a treat bag awaiting the girls along with a note wishing them a very happy birthday! We were so impressed. The FREE breakfast is very nice with many choices. But the best part is the lakeside view and the smores every night! I love the location right in Canal Park. This hotel is close to all the great shops and restaurants and there are so many great activities. Do not miss the rooftop pool...heated!! And they even offer FREE bicycles! This is my hotel of choice forever...each time I head to the North Shore!! A wonderful place!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view! Visit the roof top pool at night, and take a bike for a spin on the boardwa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear lkhuges,

Thanks for coming back to us for the girls' 12th birthday celebrations! We want to create long lasting pleasant memories for all our guests, and I'm glad we made you all happy. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again on future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The nightly s'more bar was a great idea. It's a fantastic hotel for both couples and families.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Coolerthanlegos,

Thanks for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and hope you will let us serve you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The reason I give a 2 for cleanliness, its not the rooms or lobby it is the eating area.This is only thing that I can think of that is negative about the hotel, They need to use a bleaching agent to get rid of the "after" effects of spilled food, or just the baked smell of food on the plates?! If you can fix this problem, this hotel would be top rated!!!

• Stayed April 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Shjacobsen,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your insights about our breakfast service, I have shared your comments with our team and we will do our best to improve our operation. I hope you will let us know how we are doing the next time you are here.

Luverne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We came for a weekend get away with my husband, son and girlfriend. We arrived and were greeted with friendly staff. It was a busy checkin time and everyone was up beat and very helpful. Our room was a "bridge view" we had two queen beds, couch, chairs, desk, fridge, microwave and small deck facing the lift bridge. The beds were very comfortable. Bathroom had shower and toilet. The sink and mirror was on the outside of the bathroom, which worked nice for us as we had 4 people in our room. The breakfast in the morning was very good, make your own waffle with strawberries, whipped cream, syrup. Eggs, bacon or sausage, fruit, cereal, danishes, coffee, cappaccuino, milk and juices... could sit inside or outside facing Lake Superior. In the evening they had s'mores supplies available in the same area. Pick up your chocolate, grahman crackers and marshmallows, grab a stick and go outside and roast your marshmallows. The Inn is located right on Lake Superior in Canal Park. Canal Park has lots of shops and restaurants all within walking distance. It is located just a block or so from the Lift Bridge so you can very easily hear the bridge sound when a it will be going up and a large barge going through. There are bike, walking paths all along the hotel. We had a very pleasant experience. The cost was a little more than we would like, but after pricing other hotels in the area, this is what they cost. Why not pay an extra $ a night and be right on the Lake? We will stay here again when we visit Duluth.

Room Tip: Worth the extra money for a lake view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear LaDonna V,

Thanks for posting your great review about our hotel. We're very happy you like us and what we do here, and that you'll be coming back to stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Inn on Lake Superior

Been to The Inn On Lake Superior? Share your experiences!