Stayed here this past weekend with my husband, 2 boys( 6 and 9) and our dog. Here is the good.
1. Friendly staff
2. Quiet rooms, even with other dogs on our floor, 2nd floor is where the pet rooms are
3. Clean guest room
4. Extra gifts for our 4 legged friend, water bowl, Frisbee, dog treats, bandana and dog tag
5. BBQ at night which gave each family member a free hot dog and chips both nights of our stay
6. Size of pool indoors with a huge hot tub and lots of seating
7. Small but very warm rooftop pool with lots of seating and lounge chairs
The NOT so good
1. Horrible dirty food smell in dining area
2. Dingy cracked tiles throughout public areas
3. Food stains on walls in lobby area and dining area
4. Tiles inside pools in need of some serious cleaning
Overall our stay was pleasant and worth it because we had our dog. However without her with us I would not stay here again. I am a person that loves a clean place and can see no reason why this shouldn't be when they are charging you top rate for there rooms. With so many other choices in the Canal Park area I will go else where next time. I do however hope management reads this and takes it to heart. I believe with some DEEP cleaning and renovations this place can again be back to what it once was. If that was the case I would give it another try.