“Beautifully restored building” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Duluth, MN
“Beautifully restored building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The food is inexpensive and tasty for being such a beautiful restaurant. The beer is delicious because it is brewed locally at The Brewhouse in Fitger's. If you get the opportunity, take the elevator down to the -1 floor where the Rathskeller is located. They have an amazing selection of beer and drinks and you get an interesting narrative of the building by the elevator operator.

Superior, Wisconsin
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We met some friends at Tycoons to check it out and see if the food was as good as some of our other friends had said. Our waiter was friendly but would disappear for blocks of time. He forgot to bring a drink to the table (which I had ot remind him of), a side of ranch (which we had to ask for) & the garlic mayo for my wifes wild rice burger (which should have came on it but for some reason wasn't on there). I went with the Big Gich with skinny fries and it was plenty! Our waiter sold me on this burger because of the EPIC Cheese Sauce! Next time I go, I might just order a bowl of their epic cheese sause! It is awesome!!!

The menu was limited... I thought they would have had a lot more items but for a new restaurant it was fine. Price was very reasonable and overall it is a nice place! We will be back for sure.

• Visited April 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
“Yummy burgers- good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had a very good juicy mushroom burger here and I really liked the atmosphere. It's located in the old city hall. Good to see historic buildings being used.Very good service. Nice selection of microbrews that they make themselves.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Could be great with improved menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Interesting place in up and coming area. lacks parking facilities close by to accommodate traffic in the area. The menu is only adequate and needs to be expanded. Service was very good and the beer was excellent and was what I expected with their Brewhouse linage. We had a fairly large group which was accommodated with a large window seating. Fun if you like to watch pedestrians as they pass by. If not for you ask for lower area seating. All in all a good dining experience. Will go back when larger menu becomes available.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Iron River, Wisconsin
“Another hit by the Brewhouse Gang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stopped in for lunch since the place is new in Duluth. I definitely wasn't disappointed. Owned by the same gang that created Fitger's Brewhouse and Burrito Union, Red Star, etc. I went in expecting a lot and they delivered. The homemade dressings are delish. As always, the pita bread is warm and fresh. On this particular day, I went light with a salad featuring smoked trout. The veggies couldn't have been better, even though it is March. Friends at the table enjoyed a variety of sandwiches. They particularly loved the mayo on the BLT. Service was attentive--recognizing we were probably there for a lunch meeting, they were quick to please. They soon discovered we were a more leisurely work lunch and while they continued to check-in on us, I never felt we were rushed to leave. The decor is fun - a play on Duluth having the most millionaire's per capita then anywhere in the US "back in the day." I kept saying I felt like I should be smoking a cigar in the makeshift "living room" space they have up front. Finally, the menu features great microbrews--two thumbs up to the Apricot Wheat. Lunch special prices are awesome--under $10 for quality food. And, even their main menu is cheap. Loved it!! If I had to say something negative, and this is really nitpicky, it is really loud in there. It is a vast space so things seem to echo or be magnified in there... when they put on some music, it was a little overbearing. But definitely not a deal breaker.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere