“A very comfortable and conveniently located hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth

BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9330 W Skyline Parkway, Duluth, MN 55811 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Duluth South)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Thornbury, Canada
“A very comfortable and conveniently located hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights. The room was very comfortable and clean and provided all the required amenities. Free parking, free wifi and a complimentary hot breakfast was provided, and the reception and checkout were efficient and friendly. The recently rebranded hotel offered the level of quality I have come to expect from BWPlus. and I enjoyed my stay and can highly recommend the hotel.
I found my modern, spacious room to be very quiet and enjoyable but I must warn guests that sometimes a mid-night freight train passes nearby and can make the rooms shake......the noise didn't last for long, but it is loud.

Room Tip: Watch out for the midnight freight train! :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BWPLUSDuluth, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Thank you for your loyalty to the Best Western brand.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 218-628-0668.

Deanna Gregorich, GM

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first stay at this property. The value for this area is excellent, the same room in canal park would have cost 3 times as much yet it is only a few minutes away by freeway The room and overall facility were clean and the staff pleasant and helpful. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. The only minor complaint was the breakfast area was pretty messy, but there were lots of families with young children, the staff seemed to be doing their best to keep up with the mess under the circumstances.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSDuluth, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited to have joined the Best Western family. To make the transition we added and upgraded many of our amenities. It is wonderful to hear that we met your expectations. I will be speaking to our breakfast staff about your experience in our breakfast area. Your comments will help us to improve our quality of service in this area. We hope to see you again soon and exceed your expectations.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice hotel room! We have a big family so stayed in a king size suite. Had a pull out bed in the sitting area of room. We rented a roll out bed, and we slept in the king size bed. Just enough room to fit all in this suite! The room was so nice. Two large flat screen t.v.'s if you need them. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub immensely! Pool was perfect - perfect size and most importantly perfect temperature! Most hotel pools are freezing. Not this one. So nice to swim with the kids : ). The hot tub was what you'd expect - hot!!! Not luke warm, or warm - again perfect temperature!!
Staff was great at check in. Breakfast Saturday morning. Nice! They had a lot to choose from. Make your own waffles, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread, English muffins, bagels, mini muffins, all kinds of juices, biscuits, gravy, meat, and cooked eggs. One of my girls even asked if they had french toast sticks and they had them in the back and heated her up some! They weren't out with the vast array of selection. About as nice as a restaurant, but free with your stay! Can't ask for better! We booked under their grand reopening discount. We would definitely recommend and would stay again for future visits!

Management - If you read these, Thanks for the awesome time and comforts of home! Well done, and keep that pool and hot tub at perfect temperatures!!

Room Tip: King Suite - Large and roomy! Two television sets also!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Union Hall, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times and it seemed to be on a downhill slide. This visit was sort of a last minute decision and I was pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The wife and I got a nice King Suite at a very reasonable rate. The room was really nice and was very clean. The carpeting appeared to be quite new. The bed was comfortable. Everything in the room was in good repair. The breakfast room was nice and fairly large though the offerings were just average. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. Overall, it was a very nice stay. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were really comfy. Breakfast was good and included hot item such as potatoes, eggs, sausage and belgium waffles. The price was right too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Durand, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for our mother & daughter get away! Did not use the pool or have the breakfast so can not comment on that. The rooms are not bad, at least it was clean. I do have to comment on the staff that they were all really nice to my daughter and I. Everytime I leave a hotel I will check the rooms just to make sure we have everything, well a person always wonders if something was left in the room would the cleaning crew keep what they find! Needless to say I forgot my gold necklace on the bathroom counter and about an hour later after we checked out, I believe it was a manager, called me and asked if I forgot a piece of jewlery and right away I realized I left it. So she kept it until we returned back to the hotel to get it! So KUDOS to all the staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

motel parking was fun, crowded actually. some of it was roped off in the back. check in staff, was nice. clean approach. was still painting around the elevator. and a room enclosed elevator at that. suite was nice and the king size bed was very comfortable. the bathroom tile must have been just recently replaced, they left the bar code on one piece of tile, where you could see the strip on top side. this motel was actually was very good. breakfast bar was average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth? Share your experiences!