“Seems to have improved.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9330 W Skyline Parkway, Duluth, MN 55811 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Duluth South)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Union Hall, Virginia
“Seems to have improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times and it seemed to be on a downhill slide. This visit was sort of a last minute decision and I was pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The wife and I got a nice King Suite at a very reasonable rate. The room was really nice and was very clean. The carpeting appeared to be quite new. The bed was comfortable. Everything in the room was in good repair. The breakfast room was nice and fairly large though the offerings were just average. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. Overall, it was a very nice stay. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were really comfy. Breakfast was good and included hot item such as potatoes, eggs, sausage and belgium waffles. The price was right too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Durand, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for our mother & daughter get away! Did not use the pool or have the breakfast so can not comment on that. The rooms are not bad, at least it was clean. I do have to comment on the staff that they were all really nice to my daughter and I. Everytime I leave a hotel I will check the rooms just to make sure we have everything, well a person always wonders if something was left in the room would the cleaning crew keep what they find! Needless to say I forgot my gold necklace on the bathroom counter and about an hour later after we checked out, I believe it was a manager, called me and asked if I forgot a piece of jewlery and right away I realized I left it. So she kept it until we returned back to the hotel to get it! So KUDOS to all the staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

motel parking was fun, crowded actually. some of it was roped off in the back. check in staff, was nice. clean approach. was still painting around the elevator. and a room enclosed elevator at that. suite was nice and the king size bed was very comfortable. the bathroom tile must have been just recently replaced, they left the bar code on one piece of tile, where you could see the strip on top side. this motel was actually was very good. breakfast bar was average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Physically this Country Inn was about the same as all the others. It was clean, had a decent selection for breakfast (even though there were many young and hungry football players in attendance), and most importantly a never-ending supply of cookies. The front desk staff made the difference in putting this stay ahead of others in the chain. We had had had some trouble getting two Club Carlson accounts merged and had tried three or four times to get it straightened out. The lady at the front desk made it her project and she not only got it corrected, she later sent us an email confirming it. Many Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back as the building faces a busy street. The busy four lane street can make...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here over the Independence Day celebration. The staff is kind and we had a good experience at check-in. The breakfast is average, better than many but just your standard American fare. We ended up getting a whirlpool room on the third floor, just off the elevator and near the ice machine. The walls are so thin, I looked twice to see if the ice machine and elevator had migrated into our room as they and the people using them were "loud & clear." The Interstate is also a stone's throw away. This place works fine if you get up early and check out but if you are looking for a restful place, this isn't it.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and ice machines, that's for sure!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean room. Breakfast was available. Half parking lot closed for paving, when asked where to park guy behind the desks laughs in my wife's face and say's "yeah the front isn't available" and tells us to park behind the super sketchy looking gas station next door. Then we get woken up by the paving crew around 8 am peering into my window. If you're considering this place to stay in I'd recommend you take your hard earned cash elsewhere. I was more satisfied with the 80 dollar Super 8 we stayed in the previous night on our cross country trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CISDuluth, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for you comments concerning your stay.
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. The service you received at our front desk I can assure you was an exception to our Hotel’s normally high quality of service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Barb Allen our Front Office Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth? Share your experiences!