“I was expecting better, but will try again” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 228 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Mexican
Minnesota
“I was expecting better, but will try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It wasn't bad, first off. Even a really good restaurant can have an off night. My chili relleno was ICE COLD in the middle. I tell the server and he says "would you like me to HEAT IT UP"?. no thanks....in fairness, my wifes was fine but lacked a whole lot of flavor. I will return because I loved the location and you can't always judge on one trip.

43% Recommend
Minneapolis
“If only the food matched the view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

First, let me mention the good points. We were seated on the deck looking over Lake Superior. It was early evening with perfect weather for Duluth. The view was spectacular. Unlike other reviews for this restaurant, the service was actually quite prompt and responsive. The wrong food was brought to our table. The waiter apologized and returned with our correct order within about three minutes. From the time we were seated to the time we paid for our meal, it was sixty minutes.

If only we hadn't ordered food! The salsa that was served with the chips had no taste. We ordered Ixtapa Fajita for two. There was enough food for three, maybe four people. I expect fajita to arrive at the table sizzling hot. This food arrived barely warm and had clearly been sitting for some time. The vegetables were soggy with a quarter inch of oil at the bottom of the dish. There was very little guacamole and no cheese. The tortillas were wrapped in foil and must have been there for a long time. In addition, the table was so dirty that we didn't want to touch it, and the floor of the deck had so many chips that it attracted pigeons forcing customers to shoo them away. There are other restaurants with great views of Lake Superior. Stay away from this one!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Mexican with a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Chips and salsa were good, which I followed with shrimp tacos and a chile relleno. Tacos were good, but the chile relleno was really excellent. Great view if you're lucky enough to sit next to a window or outside. Also had a margarita, which was tasty! Great place to eat if you're shopping in the Fitger's complex!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marshall, Minnesota
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The chips and salsa were very good, better than Angie's Cantina. The prices were higher than average and the meals didn't even include rice and beans without an extra charge. The food was nothing special -very average. Our server was very friendly and even packed up some chips and salsa to-go for our son without any charge. The host asked us if we wanted indoor or outdoor seating, we requested outdoor, then he proceeded to an indoor booth. We corrected him and he acted like we changed our minds. We saw this exact scenario happen to the table seated before us also. Strange!

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The best part of this restaurant was the view of the lake from the outdoor balcony and the margaritas. The food was pretty traditional Mexican faire. I had the chimichangas which were a little soggy, but passable. Overall, it was enjoyable.