“nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Marshall, Minnesota
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The chips and salsa were very good, better than Angie's Cantina. The prices were higher than average and the meals didn't even include rice and beans without an extra charge. The food was nothing special -very average. Our server was very friendly and even packed up some chips and salsa to-go for our son without any charge. The host asked us if we wanted indoor or outdoor seating, we requested outdoor, then he proceeded to an indoor booth. We corrected him and he acted like we changed our minds. We saw this exact scenario happen to the table seated before us also. Strange!

Visited August 2013

43% Recommend
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The best part of this restaurant was the view of the lake from the outdoor balcony and the margaritas. The food was pretty traditional Mexican faire. I had the chimichangas which were a little soggy, but passable. Overall, it was enjoyable.

Visited August 2013
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the third time that I have been to this restaurant. The food is always tasty but this time our service was pretty poor. We had a group of 9 which I understand can be difficult to manage but we had to ask our server 3 times for Hot Salsa while we could see him just standing watching a soccer game on the TV. He messed up our drink orders as well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cold Spring, Minnesota
“They need a management change”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, The view is great and the food was good but the service was poor. What a difference a year makes. We were here a year ago and I gave a good review and we were looking forward to another visit. We had lunch and they delivered my sons meal and my fajitas (much smaller portion than a year ago) and told my wife he would be right back with her meal. We waited about 10 minutes before we could flag down our waiter. He was upset that they had not delivered hers and after a few more minutes she finally got her meal. My son had chicken nuggets and they were awful. After reading some of the other reviews I conclude they have to get the place in order. They have so much potential with the view and location, I hope they read some if these reviews

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Terrible service, sub-par food, no redeeming qualities”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Our young, dark haired female server was one of the worst I've seen. She screwed up our order, neglected to apologize about her mistakes (one of which included bringing a dangerously hot plate to a four year old) and then proceeded to make more mistakes. She shrugged it off and didn't seem to care. Terrible experience and the food wasn't very good either; I sent mine back and declined to have it remade. Do yourself a favor and skip this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013