“Over priced and Smelly” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Manitoba
“Over priced and Smelly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Front desk people were good but the hallways stank like smoke. Very outdated, rooms needed redone, beds were very poor. There are a lot better places to stay. We came through on Motorcycles and could not get the place we had last year. I would do more searching before I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This place does not smell good.... flooring in hallways has been torn out but they left the dirty filthy flooring in the rooms. As for the bathroom... it is not pleasant for the hotel guest to have to rinse out someone elses hairs from the bathtub.
As a person who has been on many motorcycle trips and has stayed in sketchy places, this place ranks in the very few that I will not return to.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

First the ugly: the flood damage and gross condition of the hallways
If you just want a place to sleep, they will let you check the condition of the room before checking in. The check in clerk was very nice. The price was right compared to other hotels in the area.

The good? The Duluth Grill restaurant is right across the parking lot and it is amazing! Use the $$ you save on your room to have dinner & breakfast there. You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
davenport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was very disappointed.The room was over priced!109 a night.Thats crazy for that dump..The bed was HARD as a rock, I couldn't get any sleep.I was better off sleeping in the chair. The carpet was very disgusting and dirty. The front desk person was very rude.Thanks goodness I was able to find another room in the area.I guess it beats sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

When I went to book a reservation at this particular hotel nowhere on the website nor over the phone with the staff was I told about the flood damage to the establishment itself. There was no carpet throughout the common areas, whole building reeks of cigarette smoke it was disgusting and hard to stomach. The staff was very friendly but not as helpful. Check in was a bit difficult as they couldn't figure out which room they had to put us in. ( due to their water damage that they did not tell us about) our room key wouldn't work, the room itself shabby, run down, old, in disrepair, and disgusting. No coffee maker, no bathroom toiletries, no blow dryer, we did have a microwave & mini fridge. The A/C knob didn't work properly, the bed was like sleeping on two box springs terribly uncomfortable.( I almost went out & bought an air mattress.) Very outdated, must gut entire building and renovate everything in order for it to be decent, or burn the place down & start over fresh. I can honestly say it wasn't worth the $77 I payed, NEVER again will I stay @ this hotel, I'll pay more $ to stay somewhere much nicer with more to offer their guests.

• Stayed June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel stay was for the Grandma's Marathon and I was there supporting a friend of mine who was running the Half Marathon. I walked through one of the doors to the hall and the carpet was ripped out, everything was extremely worn and made me feel like it was not clean. Everywhere I went smelled of smoke. The room I was in I sprayed my odor remover in the air so I could breathe - I didn't know how smokey it was going to be. It had a dirty feeling and the beds were noisy so my friend didn't get good sleep before her race. I can say this for sure, I'm never staying at a Motel 6 again. It was affordable & cheap but cleanliness was definitely sacrificed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brainerd, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had reservations made online. Showed up at motel. The Motel is worn, dirty and has a musty smell. The front desk was empty with a a note that someone will be back shortly. I found out that the price quoted online was $69, but when I showed up the price was $89. The original price was for a single person. $20 for an additional person that may use an additional towel is a bit steep. The fact that the original quote was for a single person was not very apparent on the online site or on the confirmation slip.. I pointed that fact out but did not argue with the attendant. The hallway to our room was all. Some remodeling (much needed) is underway. The problem is that the hallway was musty smelling. Our room was quite large, mostly to the fact that the room used to have two beds and one had been removed. The room although clean looking had a sour milk smell. With all the fans and heat turned on the smell disappeared. I would consider staying again in this hotel only as a last resort.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room where you park in the back of the building. A narrow one-way lane surrounds...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Duluth? Share your experiences!