“Last resort motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“Last resort motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I would not stay here but we had no choice. We were traveling cross-country on a Saturday night and we couldn't find anything available. Because it was late and we were headed west, there didn't seem to be much available west or south of us and we had just come from the east. As you look at this hotel from the street, trust your judgement. We actually went back two times and the choice was there or sleep in the car. This place was not clean or comfortable.

Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Duluth, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear PegJ,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had in our Duluth location. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cottage Grove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wish we would have read the reviews for this hotel FIRST! The bed seemed to be VERY used no water pressure--not to mention the absence of the usual toiletries! The whole place smelled. Stay away from the motel.

Sioux City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Probably THEE worst experience! We booked two rooms w/queen beds in each room. One bed in one of the rooms looked like there were scabs all over the sheets!! Horrible!! Don't even think of staying there!! Better off sleeping in the car!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Duluth, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Kevin P - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the bedding cleanliness conditions you encountered in your room. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Highly overpriced for what you are getting. You have to pay for access to WiFi, and they don't even privide simple complimentary toiletries. The shower had virtually no water pressure, and the light flickered like a horror movie in the bathroom. Shell out a little extra and stay some place nice, or sleep in your car, either way is better than this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Duluth, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Scott D - We apologize for your unpleasant stay and for the water pressure and bathroom light issues you encountered during your stay. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My expectations were never high for my stay at this Motel 6. I have stayed at many before and found them simple, yet CLEAN! This hotel was dirty and disgusting! Not only was the entire place due for a complete renovation, everywhere you looked you found pet soiled carpet and a layer of scum on everything! Even the linens that should be fresh had stains on them. I feverishly called around town, but found that every place was booked. I debated on staying in my car, but with the heat it wouldn't have been bearable. Needless to say, I am so thankful I had some extra bedding and pillows in my car that I could use instead of the dirty stuff this motel provided! Stay away from this motel at all costs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

While I slept my hotel room was entered (2nd floor) and ALL of my personal belongings were taken (tablet, digital slr camera, all clothing, wallet), the keys were taken to my truck (found in the bed of my pickup in the morning) and my truck was looted as well. Staff had the nerve to suggest that I had perhaps brought someone home from the bar who robbed me (lie) and then told the police that I had gone out during the evening (I was at the hotel from check in until I awoke other than visiting the vending machine.). In total I had nearly $4,000 stolen, WHILE I WAS ASLEEP in the room, and the hotel claims (after trying to speak to them for 7 months) that this is not their fault and won't even cover the insurance deductible. DO NOT STAY HERE, I'm glad I was not harmed during this incident. Be warned you ARE NOT SAFE here.

• Stayed November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room was basic motel decor. Very clean. Friendly staff. Our stay was only eight hours. Quiet. great shower. Reasonable price. HAllway did smell like smoke but our room was fine. Coffee and paper in lobby exceeded my expectations in this price range.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Duluth? Share your experiences!