“Check your bed with the lights on!!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Duluth
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 South 27th Ave. West, Duluth, MN 55806   |
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Sioux City, Iowa
“Check your bed with the lights on!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Probably THEE worst experience! We booked two rooms w/queen beds in each room. One bed in one of the rooms looked like there were scabs all over the sheets!! Horrible!! Don't even think of staying there!! Better off sleeping in the car!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Duluth, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Kevin P - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the bedding cleanliness conditions you encountered in your room. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Highly overpriced for what you are getting. You have to pay for access to WiFi, and they don't even privide simple complimentary toiletries. The shower had virtually no water pressure, and the light flickered like a horror movie in the bathroom. Shell out a little extra and stay some place nice, or sleep in your car, either way is better than this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Duluth, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Scott D - We apologize for your unpleasant stay and for the water pressure and bathroom light issues you encountered during your stay. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My expectations were never high for my stay at this Motel 6. I have stayed at many before and found them simple, yet CLEAN! This hotel was dirty and disgusting! Not only was the entire place due for a complete renovation, everywhere you looked you found pet soiled carpet and a layer of scum on everything! Even the linens that should be fresh had stains on them. I feverishly called around town, but found that every place was booked. I debated on staying in my car, but with the heat it wouldn't have been bearable. Needless to say, I am so thankful I had some extra bedding and pillows in my car that I could use instead of the dirty stuff this motel provided! Stay away from this motel at all costs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

While I slept my hotel room was entered (2nd floor) and ALL of my personal belongings were taken (tablet, digital slr camera, all clothing, wallet), the keys were taken to my truck (found in the bed of my pickup in the morning) and my truck was looted as well. Staff had the nerve to suggest that I had perhaps brought someone home from the bar who robbed me (lie) and then told the police that I had gone out during the evening (I was at the hotel from check in until I awoke other than visiting the vending machine.). In total I had nearly $4,000 stolen, WHILE I WAS ASLEEP in the room, and the hotel claims (after trying to speak to them for 7 months) that this is not their fault and won't even cover the insurance deductible. DO NOT STAY HERE, I'm glad I was not harmed during this incident. Be warned you ARE NOT SAFE here.

• Stayed November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room was basic motel decor. Very clean. Friendly staff. Our stay was only eight hours. Quiet. great shower. Reasonable price. HAllway did smell like smoke but our room was fine. Coffee and paper in lobby exceeded my expectations in this price range.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I understand, 1st come 1st serve.
We arrived Saturday afternoon from our trip to Las Vegas...we were extremely tired and decided to stay overnight in Duluth rather than travel home. We didn't make reservations so I understand that all that was left was a smoking room...but when we exited our room to go for dinner, we closed the door and suddenly we realized that a male pit bull was running at large in the hall (UNSUPERVISED)..while out in the hall, the lady across the way poked her head out the door and explained that the owner was outside with another dog and has done this before...She also commented that this dog was around her door due to her little dog coming into heat...we very slowly made our way (trying not to portray our nervousness) back to our room...Once inside, I poked my head out the door to speak with the lady..she further mentioned that the owner frequently let the dog off the leash to run in the hall..At that point she banged her hand on the door and told the dog to go away making the dog run and show it's teeth at her...I commented to her that it was the wrong thing to be doing and asked if she had called front desk...She had..At that moment, a couple that was "smoking" outside, opened the entrance door and got the dog outside..I never saw the dog afterwards but remains of the dog (poop) were at the other entrance door ( which my husband brought to the attention at the front desk that night)...Next morning the poop was still there...
Also, when my daughter went to take a shower before bed, the tub had hair in it...(which she had to clean before it could be used)....

NOT IMPRESSED! :(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washburn, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

What can I say? The cost was cheap, but I've never been in a more basic Motel 6 in my whole life. The general area is run down, but didn't appear dangerous. The reception area is decorated by a fake tree, behind the reception desk. Staff was nice and gave me a smoking room on the 2nd floor, as I requested. After driving around to the parking area nearest the entrance, lugging my suitcase and take-out dinner up the stairs, I found the room I was given had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I called reception who told me to come back to reception & get a new key. So, down the stairs, again lugging my suitcase & dinner, drove my car around to reception, got a new key & requested a 1st floor room this time. Although I did request a smoking room, both hallways were full of smoke. If you are not a smoker, definitely find another motel to stay at.
My room was relatively "clean", although once feeling the rug on my barefeet I put my socks back on. No decorations on the walls. Small countertop TV. No microwave or coffee maker. 2 towels, 1 wash cloth, 1 bar of soap. The chair was so wobbly I didn't dare try to sit on it. There's only 1 ice machine in the motel. So, if you want ice you go to your room, get the bucket, & go all the way back to the reception area. The only thing good I can say about the room is the water in the shower was hot & had good pressure.
Next time I'll pay the extra $20+ and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Although my room was in the back of the motel very near to I-35 I really didn't hear much road n...