“this place sux” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
“this place sux”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

i rented a room, got there late so i asked the 2 people driving me to sit an relax for a little while before they had to leave and we were there about a half an hour and security came up to my room and told me i had to register an pay for any extra people...i told him they were not staying that it was a long trip so they were gonna relax before heading back and he said we would all have to leave if i didnt register them.. so i went to the lobby and asked for my money back to go get a room at the black bear casino and they said no! so i had to pay an extra $20.00 for a room that only cost $39.99!!! i was very UN-HAPPY!!!

Room Tip: I not stay here EVER again..the black bear casino & resort is only 15 mins down the hwy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I agree with a previous review that for $46.00 a night you get what you pay for. The room we had was non-smoking and although there was a cigarette smell in the hallway our room was fine. The room and bed were clean and there was lots of hot water for a shower. We stayed two nights and had no problems with noise or the area that the motel is located in. The hotel does show some wear but I've seen some in worse shape. We would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grass Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

For $39 to $45 you get what you pay for. Rooms were a bit chilly with no real blankets to speak of - I guess you're supposed to HTFU if you're in Duluth. Beds were not that comfortable but clean and carpeted floor was disgusting. Location is bordering on shady if you are used to the burbs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Allen, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had originally planned to stay at another place in town, but when I saw my arrival time shift into the evening, I decided to save some money. I arrived in after dark and left before the sun was up, so I didn't need any thrills. The hotel shows some wear, but I seen worse. The bed was comfortable and the internet ($3 dollar fee) was quick enough. I didn't hear any road noise, but I live on a busier road.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage request a first floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was not comfortable and did not feel safe. Police were called by another patron while I was in the lobby. It was literally the only available hotel room in Duluth! Hindsite is 20/20. I should have booked earlier elsewhere.

Room Tip: Paid $3.25 for internet access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarissa, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you don't mind stairs, or not waking up to sirens...No coffee pot or blow dryer in the room, and the beds are close to the floor! Cramped space around the bed on the wall side...carpet is in fair condition, ripped screens on windows. They do offer coffee in the registration area. It was fairly quiet, but the location is not so great and the missing 'perks' of a 'normal' motel really wasn't worth it. I rated "service" as average because we only asked for towels and did get them. We won't stay here again,

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel this past week-end. Even though the motel was a block or so from I35, our second floor room was extremely quiet. Their $3 per day charge for WiFi was much less than most motels. A nice restaurant is on the other side of their parking lot. The room was clean and really a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Duluth? Share your experiences!