“Beautiful view, nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington, VA, United States
“Beautiful view, nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was a comfortably appointed hotel that offered beautiful views, particularly from the breakfast area. I arrived late in the evening so was blown away when I arrived downstairs for breakfast. Comfortable rooms, fairly quiet, and perfect for the stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My bf and I just stayed here last weekend, and we had a blast!! It was freezing (literally, like -30 windchills) so the location was fabulous! We walked to the liquor store for a bottle of wine, and later on to grab a bite to eat! Close to the bridge to take pics and go for a walk, walking distance to bars, restaurants, & even a caribou coffee accross the street! However, the main reason I would come back is the breakfast!!!!! We certainly had our fill... oatmeal, waffles, omelettes, eggs, potatoes...ect ect... So good & included in the price!

The other reason I will always stay, the service! We inquired on the phone, while booking, about a jacuzzi suite but didnt end up wanting to pay the higher rate. However, since we did not arrive until late they offered it to us for free when we got there!!! Room 231 is fabulous - King Jacuzzi Suite with a Lake View! There is a living room, bedroom, HUGE jacuzzi area & separate shower/bathroom. Both of the rooms overlook Lake Superior. If ever in town, I will be staying here!

Short drive to the North Shore Scenic Drive Route... Great overall location, service, rooms, everything! I will be checking out other Hampton Inns while traveling from now on!

Room Tip: Room 231 - King Jacuzzi Suite.. It has 2 rooms and both overlook Lake Superior! Comfy bed, pillows a...
Yardley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel is your average Hampton Inn with a great view of Lake Superior...in the Lakeview rooms. Great for tourists to Duluth. For business travelers not so much. No recognition of elite status in room selection, room temperature <60° on entering room, bad/spotty wifi, and worst of all they make you go back out to your car to put a parking pass on the dashboard...in a large half empty parking lot on a Wednesday night in Duluth! Have stayed here several times for the points (Hilton Diamond level) but I have had it. No more.

• Stayed January 2014
Lorri D, Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. I apologize you were not greeted properly as a Diamond Hhonors member. Your business is important to us. We understand you spend many nights on the road and we do strive to make you feel appreciated and welcome. I'm not sure why the wifi was spotty for you but I will certainly be looking into it to make sure there is not a larger problem. I'm sorry you had to go back out in the cold for the parking pass. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have space to park. Unfortunately our nieghboring business has very little parking and we often times have customers from there trying to park in our lot. The parking pass makes it easier for us to know who to tow if needed and who not to. I know on the night you stayed we had 101 rooms out of 103. The parking pass is more to protect our guests and assure a safe place to park. Again thank you for your review, your feedback is always helpful to us.
Naperville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

the Hampton was very clean, the rooms are nice, it has a great view of the lake front, the people in the Hampton were very kind and friendly and everything was in walking distance...great location. I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting Duluth Minnesota.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Madison, WI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

When on the road for business, I commonly have 5-8 hotel choices for overnight stays. Hampton Inns are my first choice because they consistently provide very good accomodations and meals. I also appreciate the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Inver Grove Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Duluth. Even if you have a room facing away from the lake the breakfast area overlooks the lake. This is a good place to be able to explore the area from. The historic lift bridge is just down the road. Great restaurants right in the area too!

Bloomington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel is beautiful, the view of the lake is stupendous, and I bet the amenities would have been nice if they weren't all taken by the group of hockey teams that were staying the same weekend. The pool was always filled, the lobby was full of boisterous teenagers running around and being quite loud, and there was a drunk in the hallways at 2am waking up me and my girlfriend. The yelling at 2am was becuase "the hallway smelt like marifuana," this was at least what the drunk was yelling along with, "anyone got some booze," "who's up," "lets party," and some great racial slurs that bruatally offended me. Security was there and they did nothing about it. I would reccommend a different hotel if you want great R&R. The management has not done anything to correct the wrongs that we experienced and I am waiting for some sort of compensation or at least an apology.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lorri D, Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. In regards to the usage of the pool and other public areas, I'm sorry you were not able to enjoy them as you would have liked. As for the noise at 2am and the issue with the drunken person. I can not apologize enough. I agree it is unacceptable and should not have been a part of your vacation. I do know security and the manager on duty were both on the floor trying to take care of multiple issues though by your review I can see it was not as timely as we would have hoped. Again please accept my apologies and know this is not the norm for us at the Hampton Inn.

Been to Hampton Inn Duluth? Share your experiences!