“Great stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Upon our arrival the front desk clerk was very helpful. The rooms were clean and i appreciated the notice that not only are the sheets laundered but so is the duvet cover. My husband is allergic to feathers and housekeeping was quick to exchange our pillows. Hotel was very nice and a great location. Hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Deer River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We found a discount coupon (vista fleet website) and decided to give this property a try on an overnight shopping trip. The staff was very friendly in both the reservation process and the check-in. We selected a city view king. Lake view is $10 higher and the view isn't that appealing in Dec. Complimentary cookies and newspapers were available in the lobby. Our room was large, very clean and comfortable. We both got a good nights sleep on the king bed. Our receipt and a newspaper were at our door in the morning. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, smoked sausage, hot oatmeal, and waffles, as well as the usual items. All in all, a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn when we visited Duluth. The location was perfect...easy proximity to the rest of the city, and within walking distance of numerous attractions/restaurants/shopping, etc. Additionally, the hotel sits right on Lake Superior so views were splendid. We really enjoyed our walks on the boardwalk, and they had great bicycles to rent right at the hotel which was very handy. Our room, as always, was lovely, comfortable and clean. If and when I return to that town, I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

My stay in the Hampton inn in canal park was terrible. My experience began with a rude front desk women and the experience ended with an even ruder general manager who fed me false information and continued to hang the phone up on me every time I tried to have a discussion with her about her hotel. The entire staff in this facility has no customer service skills. I would recommend you don't stay at this hotel , it may it a nice location, but I would recommend that u stay at a hotel where the staff doesn't care about their guests or there guests experiences

• Stayed November 2012
Lorri D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I apologize that you do not understand why your group was evicted from the hotel. All of our guests are important to us and I cannot let a small group of people disrupt the rest ot the hotel on a sold-out night. As I explained to you on the phone, the hotel refunded nine other guest rooms for the disturbance caused by your group. I would have thought having one of your group members arrested for throwing a beer can at the police officer would have helped you understand the seriousness of the incident. I only regret that you did not state in your review that I ended our phone conversation because you began cursing at me. I stand by the hotel policy and I am sorry that has caused you to have a negative view of our hotel.
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I always like Hampton Inns if I can afford them.
This time I wanted to stay in Canal Park, so had to bite the bullet on the hotel room price. It was the best price I found in this area.
The rooms are always the best - clean, nice linens, fridge, microwave, etc. and I love the lap desk!
Noise from the hallway is a bit loud, but the hotel does quiet down later in the evening.
I stayed in a city-view room which wound up being great as I got some great photos of Duluth at sunrise.

Room Tip: If you are a late nighter and like to sleep in, stay on the City Side. The sun comes up mighty early...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Amazing stay. Due to Ryan and Ricky I was able to recoup from an arduous week of work. Both were quite professional and made a fast yes happen instead of a slow no. I reserved a room, or so I though, but failed to finalize the reservation. So I called the 800 number for assistance but Ryan stopped me and gave me a great room. I stayed at the Holiday Inn over 80 days this year but I am now convinced that I now am a Hilton man. The rooms are better and as I approach the Diamond status I will make my choice now to spend all of my 170+ days next year at the Hilton family if possible.

• Stayed November 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was surprised at how modern and nice the rooms/furnishing were. The location is great, nice view, pretty good breakfast, and staff were helpful. I also liked that they have rooms with two queens versus two doubles. We had a group of people being loud underneath us, but we called the front desk and they promptly took care of it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Duluth? Share your experiences!