“Great stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Great stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a great stay again. Noticed they've even done more great things to the hotel since our last stay. My kids loved the market in the lobby for some late night snacks. I liked their large exercise room. Breakfast in Porters was good. Loved the pancakes! Kids ate free and they liked theirs too! Enjoyed Duluth, walked the indoor skywalk down to the pier and over to the canal area. Quick drive to spirit mountain for some sking too which was nice and then swimming and hot tub at night which was the perfect ending to the evening. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rydigital
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I travel to Duluth a few times a year and we always stay at the Holiday Inn. The location is ideal for us being downtown and close to a lot of the activities you can do in Duluth. The kids enjoy the two pools they have, when one is busy we move to the other. The recently renovated rooms are nice.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the pool if you are looking for a quieter room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gerry_Goldfarb, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Rydigital, Thank you for staying with us while you were in Duluth. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that your kids like our two pools that we have. Thank you for mentioning the suggestion to switch pools if one is busier than the other as I recommend that too which is a nice option to have having two pools. Thanks again for staying with us and for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am staying in this hotel right now. It is almost 10pm and there are still kids running around in the corridor and SCREAMING, literally in capital letters. There are also people walking back and forth and talking extremely loud. I travel for work a lot and this is by far the noisiest place I have been to. Last night I had to keep the heating on, just so it creates some background noise and I don't hear everything happening outside. Very disappointing and stressful stay.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear TravelBip, Thank you for staying with us and for your review on your stay last Friday night. I am so sorry for the noisy experience you had during your stay at our hotel. We did have some hockey teams in our building which kept our security and guest services team busy and we make every effort to keep our corridors quiet with our 24 hour security and management team walking around. Please email me at gerry.goldfarb@hiduluth.com as I would like to know which room you were in and further discuss. Again, my apologies. Thank you again for staying with us!

Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Best customer service in town. We were on a last minute get away and decided to stay the night. I booked a hotel online and when I arrived I was shocked!!! The chain was under new owners and was no longer the chain I booked. I quickly called over to the Holiday Inn across the street and was greeted by an amazing young woman who was excited that I was excited they had rooms for us. We checked in and we were treated like royalty. I was quoted a rate on the phone then was given a special Canadian rate which was an awesome price. We had a spotless room with all the bells and whistles on the 8th floor pool side. (no extra charge) I was in heaven being an Executive Housekeeper cleanliness is my profession. We ventured out to Sneakers for some dinner and drinks and was amazed once again Brandon our waiter was impeccable. He not only served us but also gave us the "IN" on how the sky walks work and how we could go all the way to Canal Park in the warmth. (-35 that night). I have never had such a great experience as I did that night. So good I booked the hotel for another night and relaxed in the hot tub and pool. This Hotel is by far one of the best in Duluth.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Gerry_Goldfarb, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear travler10_12, Thank you for the kind feedback and review on the service you were provided at our Holiday Inn and for staying with us while you were here in Duluth. I'm glad our front desk team was able to take good care of you and you enjoyed your dinner in our Sneakers restaurant and service from Brandon. We are happy you stayed an extra night too!

We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. Thanks again.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here poolside in December. Staying in December you have the advantage of this hotel being part of the skyway. This means you can get anywhere downtown or even to Canal park in the warmth of indoors. Unfortunately that is the best part of the hotel. The room walls are paper thin and you could literally have a conversation with some one outside your room without raising your voice. We had a poolside room which I wanted to change the minute we walked into our room, but were unable to. Plan on not getting any rest from no later than 8am through at least 10:30pm because there is always someone in the pool area and you can hear everything! The hotel and it's decor is dated, don't be expecting luxury. The other big complaint I would have is the elevators. There is 3 of them but they were so slow that half way through the first day their I found it to be much quicker to take the stairs and we were on the 9th floor. Overall I would recommend staying somewhere down in canal park over this hotel. Unless being downtown is a priority.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gerry_Goldfarb, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Clive Z, Thank you for your review of your stay and for staying with us. I'm so sorry that you didn't have a relaxing night at our hotel. Our two pool areas can be busy at times but we do want our guests to have a great stay and it sounds like it didn't happen while you stayed with us. Our security team does shut both pools down by 10:30 and we make every effort to ensure quiet time at night after that time. Again we apologize. Can you email me your name and number to: gerry.goldfarb@hiduluth.com as I would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you for mentioning how you liked that we are connected to most of downtown Duluth and the DECC via the skywalk system. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you via email.

Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth
Rosemount, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here numerous times and although the rooms have been remodeled the rooms still had an outdated feel to them. This hotel is located downtown Duluth. The front desk staff is very professional and friendly. It seems that my luck always gets tested when I stay here. Last time I had what appeared to be a homemade bed frame that I had an issue with and this time the locking mechanism for my door ceased to work locking us out of the room. Again the maintenance and front desk work efficiently to gain is access but the locking mechanism needs to be replaced. I have not left yet today afraid that I will end up being locked out again.

If you come during hockey season be prepared (weekends) for a lot of young hockey players burning off energy in the halls. With slow elevators this may be an issue for you.

I do stay here when in Duluth as I use IGH properties whenever I travel to take advantage of their frequent traveler program This hotel is right in the middle of the hotels I have stayed.

Stayed January 2015
Mike N, Thank you for staying with us while in Duluth and for taking the time to give us a review on your stay. I'm so sorry to hear you had an issue with your door lock during your stay. I'm glad to hear that our front desk and maintenance teams quickly resolved that for you as we do take guest service very seriously. Thank you again for staying with us and for using your IHG rewards card to stay at our IHG Holiday Inn property and the many others across the country. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had our family Christmas there and it could not have been better. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, house keeping was courteous and very helpful. Our room was large and clean. Kidd had a great time in the pool and parking wad great. This place is a gem in downtown Duluth!! Thanks to Matt and his staff!

• Stayed January 2015
mdelamartre, Thank you for celebrating your family Christmas here at our hotel and for providing us with a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments and I will share these with my team. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth Downtown? Share your experiences!