“OUTSTANDING SERVICE and FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 229 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fargo, North Dakota
“OUTSTANDING SERVICE and FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our beverages never got less than 1/2 full. Our bread was promptly refilled. Our main orders arrived very quickly and everything was done exactly as ordered. Perfect.

Visited May 2013

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“Friendly service - great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The restaurant was very busy due to UMD graduation. We called ahead to get on a waiting list and were seated within 15 minutes of our arrival.
I have never seen such a busy place with such a large staff work so effectively together. It was like a well oiled machine.
The staff here clearly all worked together with the customer's needs at the top of their priority list. As busy as they were, no one appeared stressed. Our server, Jordan, was exceptional!

Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food and plenty of atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Texas Roadhouse has great food and a nice atmosphere that is friendly for all generations.

There is plento of delicious food, and our waitress was friendly and professional. Service was very quick for a busy lunch shift.

My only picky comment is that the blinds and fans need to be dusted.

Take your friends and family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Superior, WI
“Best Chain Restaurant in Town - but hokey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm friends with one of the chefs, but even if I wasn't, I'd tell you that you can't get a better meal in Duluth - definitely not at any other chain restaurant. Their beef is top notch. I actually prefer seafood, but if I'm looking for beef, or if I'm trying to please the other beef eaters in the family - this is the place to go. When it comes to red meat, I'm a ribs guy. When it comes to ribs, the Roadhouse is excellent. Their fresh bread and decent appetizer selection is always a good way to get things started.

There is often a fairly long wait to get a table. The bar is small with limited seating, but I usually try to see if I can get in there rather than wait in line. That doesn't work if you have a group or if the kids are along for the ride. Also, I've always found the service at the bar to extremely attentive.

I agree with a few others who say the music is too loud. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I don't go there to listen to music. I know it's a country place, so country music is to be expected, but so is a little table talk. Actually, if they were true to their supposed Texas roots, they would play some Jerry Jeff Walker, Robert Earl Keen, Reckless Kelly, Asleep at the Wheel, etc. etc. Of course, I might be the only one around these parts who'd enjoy that.

The hokey part for me is the Texas Cheerleaders, err... line dancing wait staff. Seriously, line dancing is old and worn out. Whenever they start doing their thing, I have to avert my eyes because it's embarrassing to watch. Good food makes up for it, but I would definitely go more often if they would stop doing this altogether.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poplar, Wisconsin, United States
“Delicous!!!! My favorite place to eat In town:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I get dinner nearly every weekend here. The food is so fantastic!! Fresh steaks, salads and bread...mmmm. The food is also priced great! However I wish the corporate office would rethink the very load bar like atmosphere. Music blaring and waitstaff dancing. I would rather they be helping customers as it is a very busy spot.

• Visited May 2013