“The best sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Phone number (218) 464-4412 and email hanabimn@hotmail.com
Minnesota
“The best sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really did not like sushi I had in other places, but when a friend invited me to go to lunch there, I imagined I could find something else to eat.

I went with my friend's sushi recommendations. It was so divine!

I cannot recommend it enough.

Parking is a hassle though

Visited October 2012

85% Recommend
Duluth, Minnesota
“great lunch and happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

cocktails are over priced. used to have a great bartender, professional, friendly made a solo happy hour fun. Sushi is excellent! compares above the most any where. prices very high. uni nigirii $14, ridiculous. most rolls are interesting but too mayo oriented. Sushi bar is unused and designed so that chefs are above you so you cant interact with chef or watch preparations. they have a server bring your sushi when you are seated at sushi bar. not the point right?

servers are not memorable. i used to go often sit at the liquor bar to have a sushi bar atmosphere as a solo diner. Duluth needs to serve individual diners better than it does. Hanabi should provide a better sushi bar experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duluth
“Good sushi. Best prices during lunch...sketchy neighbors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We enjoy the lunches here-- selecting the 3 sushi rolls (get to choose) for about ten dollars for lunch, pass on the miso soup. the salad is prepackaged lettuce with the wasabi dressing; both are easy to pass on--but the spicy crab rolls are very good and the eel rolls are enjoyed by my family whole wont otherwise eat eel!

Inside its dark and just okay for atmosphere, while outside the signage is lacking. And although the restaurant is a place I enjoy, I am not fond of the area orthe hillside parking. The place is out of the Main Street traffic on a one way street going up the hill--and across the street from the homeless hangout-- my family, who lives in Duluth, felt the area sketchy and didn't want to walk alone at night. That said, try it for lunch or happy hour and it is a better feeling in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Walker, Minnesota
“You can get great Sushi in Duluth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Love the Hamachi Carpaccio appetizer but it's too small (4 pcs). The Lollipop rolls are light, fresh and addictive (more of a small appetizer portion) and they are beautifully plated. Poison Spider Roll was excellent but the spicy crab on top was almost like an afterthought. The Spicy Maki Combo was excellent but not spicy. Still dreaming of the Queen Rolls--excellent sweet/spicy roll. There were two drawbacks for me. The ambiance is cold and seating is odd. We sat next to hostess stand and my bench seat was uncomfortable. The bathroom was not as clean as I had hoped and the toilet brush next to the toilet wasn't pleasant. But ultimately I am not complaining. I am planning my next visit for great Sushi in Duluth.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Good choice for a nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went for a friend's birthday dinner, but I actually think it's better suited for a nice dinner date. The food was good, I had the spicy sushi combo. Our server was very nice. I would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Hanabi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hanabi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.