“You can get great Sushi in Duluth!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Phone number (218) 464-4412 and email hanabimn@hotmail.com
Wilsonville, Oregon
“You can get great Sushi in Duluth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Love the Hamachi Carpaccio appetizer but it's too small (4 pcs). The Lollipop rolls are light, fresh and addictive (more of a small appetizer portion) and they are beautifully plated. Poison Spider Roll was excellent but the spicy crab on top was almost like an afterthought. The Spicy Maki Combo was excellent but not spicy. Still dreaming of the Queen Rolls--excellent sweet/spicy roll. There were two drawbacks for me. The ambiance is cold and seating is odd. We sat next to hostess stand and my bench seat was uncomfortable. The bathroom was not as clean as I had hoped and the toilet brush next to the toilet wasn't pleasant. But ultimately I am not complaining. I am planning my next visit for great Sushi in Duluth.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Duluth, Minnesota
“Good choice for a nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went for a friend's birthday dinner, but I actually think it's better suited for a nice dinner date. The food was good, I had the spicy sushi combo. Our server was very nice. I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Don't be discouraged by the neighborhood. The food is unforgettable. Lovely display, and very tasty.

Visited March 2013
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
“Winter Roll: amazing flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I went to Namabi on a Thursday afternoon. We sat at the bar which was playing club dance music which was strange because it was the afternoon. I wouldn't have minded; however, such environment brought in an abnoxious group of college students. This is why I rated the atmosphere at a 3. The bar waiter was awesome though, he was very friendly, attentative and handsome and the food was amazing! I had the winter roll which had crab, avocado and cream cheese and then it's topped with spicy mayo and eel sauce. They run this through the broiler which makes the cream cheese and avocado super creamy and gives the sauces on top a warm texture! I have never had a roll that hit all the pleasure centers in my mouth so perfectly! I think the key was the broiler! we also had hot saki and a couple beers- nothing to note there! Overall great experience and I certainly would go back! I would suggest different music at the bar to create better ambiance and traffic flow.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great place to go with friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of experiencing Hanabi for the first time a little over two weeks ago. I must say it is a place I would visit again. The food there was to die for and the atmosphere is just right. A Very vibrant place that can get very loud.

The spicy Tuna on was very good. I was more intrigued with what was on top and it was a foam that incorporated wasabi into it. (very interesting to eat to say the least)

A must to get is the Plum Wine. We ordered Choya Plum wine and it was a real treat. It is slightly strong, but a great addition to the meal none the less. It also comes with plums in the bottle that are strong and really fun to watch people eat.

Enough of me typing check out the pictures to see what YOU are missing! once again Hanabi is a place one should visit with friends and couples.

• Visited January 2013