“Great food and service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone number (218) 464-4412 and email hanabimn@hotmail.com
“Great food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Great sushi, friendly and fast service. It was even busy on a wed night! The sushi was very well prepared and looked great on the plate. It was a little pricey compared to your normal dinners anywhere else...but thats suahi anyways, if you eat sushi you know how much it is. Overall, great little sushi joint that wont dissapoint!

Superior, Wisconsin
“Best sushi in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Contrary to some of the other reviews of Hanabi, I think that this is the best sushi in the greater Duluth/Superior area. I've yet to have an "average" meal here. I'm surprised that others have said the food is bland...I'd like to think I've ate my share of sushi around the country, and that this place has some of the better stuff.

Regardless, this is my review, right? There's a ton of different rolls to pick from at Hanabi, and every single one has been terrific. I have some personal favorites (Kiss of Fire roll), but I always go on a taste-adventure and try whatever the chef's special is. The sushi is fairly expensive, so I recommend taking advatage of the happy hour specials when you can, or they have a great lunch special as well.

They have a good bar here as well, and while I usually prefer a prototypical Japanese beer with my meail, I'm told the sake selection and cocktails are pretty next-level.

The service is also very good. They staff is attentive and friendly. Nothing out of the norm here. The restaurant itself is very sleek and refined, and it's a comfortable environment for whatever crowd you are with...friends, family, or on a date.

One detractant: parking is a pain! Otherwise, great place with the best sushi around. Will be returning soon!

• Visited May 2012
Gordon, Wisconsin
“Flavorless....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have sampled sushi at many different places around the United States, and this was by far the worst sushi I have ever tasted aside from grocery store sushi. The rice on the sushi is so thin that you can see 75% of the seaweed. The server also hovered constantly, yet was never there when we needed a drink refill. Sure, Hanabi has a hip look and cheap prices, but don't be fooled. I really wanted to like this place as many of my friends love it, but I left sorely dissappointed and won't be going back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've wanted to go here for a long time as I have been a sushi fan for a long time. They serve til 11 and we got there right before 10. The staff was so impatient with us and were definitely trying to hurry us out the door. I ordered a bacardi diet coke and just got pure diet coke. The sushi was served to us with no presentation and we were being stared at by the sushi chefs that were just standing around. We were out by 10:30 and didn't quite enjoy ourselves. I've heard great things about this place but I was not impressed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“great sake selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I came here because i asked the front desk of the Sheraton where the best place to eat was and they said "Hanabi" boy were they right... i travel a lot and was not expecting anything like this. i sat at the bar and started with the sake flight which was delightful. i have never seen such a large selection of sake in a restaurant before. i then had the miso soup which was close to perfect could have used some more scallions...had the beef negimaki appitizer which was very good and then i ordered the omakase for $50 the baby yellowtail was to die for all the fish was very fresh and very nicely presented. overall this was a great experience and i will be back next time i'm in town. as for mr. bulldogtwo last time i checked they didnt have cali rolls in japan so why would you order one and complain that its not japanese? the only thing that you could possibly compare to japan that you ordered is the miso soup and the tuna roll. and miso is different everywhere there. this is America and I'm sure they try to cater to us Americans if you want Japanese food order Japanese food not california rolls lol

• Visited July 2012