“Lacking sanitation, filthy, bad value” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 47 attractions in Duluth
Type: Scenic Railroads
Attraction Details
Duluth, Minnesota
“Lacking sanitation, filthy, bad value”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I booked a reservation for my sister and her husband from out of town for the "beer train." We are over 50. I live in Duluth. I thought it would be fun, with music and snacks. It took ages for us to get moving, there was not one announcement, the whole train was a filthy mess and imagine only two bathrooms for a couple hundred beer drinkers, no place to wash hands. There was only slices of pizza for $1 a piece. Nobody was cleaning anything up. I didn't see anyone checking IDs when we boarded. We sat forever out in the dark someplace while people pushed to get their "free" beer and stumbled around. The people who had booked "first class" said it was just as awful. They paid $60, we paid $45. This was in October, 2012, and I waited to write until I could look at things more objectively. I am embarrassed to be from Duluth and have such a rip off as this. Needless to say, I would never, ever book anything on this filthy train again.

Visited October 2012

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
3 attraction reviews
“Great for kids and families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Took the kids and it was the perfect amount of time and interest for a 5 and 2 year old!! Would go again and possibly take a different tour as they get older.

tobeor82b
6 attraction reviews
“Steam Engine Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was Fantastic to ride a Steam Engine between Duluth & Two Harbors in MN. View along the ride was breath taking. Staff on board were extremely professional and friendly. One member told us many jokes at various points which kept us all laughing. Also rode the Elegant Dinner Train and the food was Excellent!!

Visited September 2012
Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
“Fun Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a fun ride! My kids loved it. We were on the outside car which was fun and a bit loud, but neat to hear the train noises. The tracks went right along Lake Superior it had beautiful views of the lake.

Visited August 2012
New Richmond, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
“A wonderful ride on the Mystery train”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Recently I had the chance to ride the North Shore Scenic Railroad's Mystery train. The venue was wonderful, the food terrific and the play very funny. I've ridden the Two Harbors and the Pizza train. Both were great fun and wonderful for kids. The Mystery train is great for an adult trip

Visited August 2012