“Nice & chill place for drinks at night...” 4 of 5 stars

JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge
505 W Superior Street, 16th Floor, Duluth, MN
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 225 restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Superior St and 5th Ave W
Description: Welcome to JJ Astor (located on the 16th floor of the Radisson Hotel Duluth), where guests enjoy welcoming service, inspired décor, modern approachability, unparalleled views, and signature dishes. Executive Chef, Ryan Zander, has created a contemporary menu utilizing sustainable produce from local farmers and fresh fish from local fishermen. Whether settling into the oversized armchairs in the lounge, or admiring the view from the inviting sofa style banquettes, the restaurant provides a memorable dining experience for locals and visitors alike.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice & chill place for drinks at night...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I liked his place. It's on the top floor of the Radisson in Duluth & it rotates! I think that's cool. I swear we felt buzzed just from the motion! One of my girls didn't really like it because of that though so that was kind of a bummer. Anyway, the food was good & the service was just fine. I loved how the degrees of rotation were on the wall too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Mandy~
Thank you for your "Nice & chill" review! The rotation of the restaurant makes JJ Astor very unique, as it provides a full view of Lake Superior, The Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth's Downtown and the Duluth Hillside. Every table ensures a perfect view! We can't wait to have you back. Hopefully, your daughter will enjoy it the second time around.

76% Recommend
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Friends Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In the last 2 years, my friend, her family and I have celebrated her birthday by a roadtrip down to Duluth just so we could have dinner at the JJ Astor. The first year we went we were blown away and we had to go back. We plan on going back again next year since we love it so much. We loved the view we had of Duluth and how the floor revolves so you can see all of it, and you're not always looking at the same thing the while time you eat. It was amazing. Our waitress (Cindy) we had her 2 years in a row now and we loved her. Her service was great, she offered to take pictures for us so we could have group shots and not have anyone excluded, she was so nice, fast, and just all around a great person. We were happy to have her serve us again this year. Everyone at my table including myself loved their meals, they were the best ones we have ever had in Duluth, and to have that view while we were eating made everything even more spectacular! So if you're in Duluth make sure you stop by the JJ Astor and try some of their food, you will honestly love it. And hopefully you will be lucky to get Cindy as your waitress!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Cass~
Thank you for the the stellar review! And, thank you for returning to JJ Astor each year! We love our return guests. I am so glad that you had Cindy as your server two years in a row. She cares so much for her guests and always adds that special touch to each table.
We can't wait to see you next year!
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Best Steak I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for our anniversary. We had never been there before, but it certainly did not disappoint. The atmosphere is very romantic; darker and quiet. Not to mention, as you sit and enjoy dinner you are treated to a beautiful view of the whole city of Duluth. The service was great as well. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive, but gave us plenty of time to sit and enjoy each others company. Last but certainly not least, the food was outstanding. I ordered filet mignon and it is probably hands down the best steak I've ever had! I would also recommend the bruschetta. All in all a wonderful dining experience and well worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Malyssa~
We feel priviledged that you and your boyfriend chose JJ Astor Restaurant for your anniversary! The filet is hard to beat, but the view really makes for a romantic setting.
We can't wait to have you back for your next anniversary!
Moose Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Best Food we found in Minnesota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We moved to Minnesota 18 months ago from NJ. We lived close to Philadelphia and had access to a multitude of fine dining locations. Our experience at JJ Astor has been our favorite and best experience so far. Food was outstanding, service was outstanding, atmosphere outstanding. We are already planning another visit with family. Cindy our server was professional, friendly, attentive. The view of Duluth at night was a great backdrop for our evening out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Greg~
Thank you for the enthusiastic comments regarding JJ Astor and our server, Cindy! Cindy takes great pride in her work and truly cares about our JJ Astor guests.
It is also wonderful to read that our service and food is comparable to that of the fine dining restaurants you frequented on the East Coast!
We look forward to serving you the next time you visit JJ Astor.
Cumberland, Wisconsin
“I'd go back for the view in the summer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place is pricy, but the kid's meals are only $5. I decided to take my son while we visited Duluth because I thought he'd enjoy the novelty of the revolving restaurant. He did, and he also thought the Kid's Menu French Toast deserved 4 1/2 stars. The Eggs Benedict and Hash Browns were delicious also, and they were both more than we could eat. The food came quickly, and the service was prompt and attentive, but it also wasn't busy. I'd go back again for the brunch and the view in the summer. We met a young man in the elevator down, who said, after hearing my son's enthusiasm over the meal, that he had the Pulled Pork and BBQ Sauce, and he'd only give it 2 stars.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Happy2Camp2012,
Thank you for the complimentary review regarding JJ Astor! We so enjoy reading positive feedback from our guests. It is our number one goal to please our diners on every level, especially our young guests. We can't wait to see you this summer!