“Great View, horrid service” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Superior St and 5th Ave W
Description: Welcome to JJ Astor (located on the 16th floor of the Radisson Hotel Duluth), where guests enjoy welcoming service, inspired décor, modern approachability, unparalleled views, and signature dishes. Executive Chef, Ryan Zander, has created a contemporary menu utilizing sustainable produce from local farmers and fresh fish from local fishermen. Whether settling into the oversized armchairs in the lounge, or admiring the view from the inviting sofa style banquettes, the restaurant provides a memorable dining experience for locals and visitors alike.
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great View, horrid service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

You pay a ton for the view but don't get much after that. Our server sat us and then helped bring food for a team meaning we did not even order drinks until 20 min after seating. The food was crazy salty and sounded much better on the menu than it tasted. Sorry but I recommend go for drinks to enjoy the view but eat elsewhere.

Visited August 2012
JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am so sorry to read about your experience at our restaurant. JJ Astor prides itself on giving the best service to each and every guest. Please feel free to call me at 218-727-8981 ext. 4013 so that we can touch base to ensure that your next experience with us is outstanding. I look forward to speaking with you. We appreciate your feedback, Erin M., Assistant General Manager, JJ Astor Restaurant

NEENAH
“A wonderful Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A revolving restaurant with a pleasant up scale atmosphere and very good food with service to support it

Gotta try it.

Visited October 2012
“Nice view!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited to give this place a try so we went for my Bday. I couldn't decide what to order so our waitress said the duck was the best so I ordered it. When the plate came out I was shocked to see my mashed potatoes swimming in blood from the duck! Disgusting! When the waitress came back I told her that I couldn't eat it. She took the plate, came back and said that the cook said that's how they prepare it otherwise duck has to cook slow for it to be tender. I ended up ordering the meatloaf which was okay. Not to mention that my husbands pork was dry...Really disappointing....The only thing they took off our bill was a glass of wine. Unhappy Bday dinner to me.

Woodstock Ontario
“amazing views incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had breakfast and diners there during a week end stay at the Radisson. Each meal was incredible as good a breakfasts could be they made it a little better. We had most of the menu between the three of us each dish presented beautifully. Only misstep was under cooked pork, the meal was completely recooked and tasted great. The view is amazing it takes about two bottles of wine to go around along with a few fantastic appetizers on a rainy afternoon.
The staff we attentive seemed highly trained and very professional, pricing was on the steep side
but comparable to other similar venues would definitely repeat if the opportunity arose.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Superior, Wisconsin
“Quiet Until....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Walleye was a wee bit undercooked, and the steak was close to what was expected. Found the potato puree unappetizing, but tasty...what potato doesn't taste good overwhelmed with butter. *Sorry heart.* The view and the ambience excellent. What Minnesota42 said is true, it's a special occasion destination. Service excellent. Lotta interesting people circling the wagons looking for where their table went. From one shaggy fellow in flip-flops to the tuxedo clad, the dress code was a wide as the view of the big lake. It might be nice to dine there during a blizzard, see what Duluth looks like from above in the winter. After dark the harbor lights, the blinks, the winks, the shimmering shines, all made for a lovely evening going 'round 'n' 'round.

• Visited September 2012