“Best hotel in Duluth!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best hotel in Duluth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here in early August 2013, our third stay at this hotel. It is a newer property, very clean and comfortable with great kitchen facilities. They have a wonderful breakfast, with hot oatmeal, walnuts, raisins, or scrambled eggs with toast, different potato dishes, fresh fruit and juices, yogurt. The beds are comfortable, nice flat screen TV's and a gas fireplace. It is at the top of West Central Entrance in Duluth, you could actually walk to Cub grocery if you wanted to, there is a great coffee shop near Cub, where we went every morning. Also, very important, it is pet friendly, so we can bring our 4 lb. dog with us, and they have a good area for the pets to walk and pet waste container. Awesome swimming pool, fitness facility and even laundry if you need to wash clothes. Housekeeping does a great job and everyone on the staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome. We definitely will be back for every stay in Duluth!

Room Tip: We always stay on the first floor near the back door for easy pet walks and access to our car.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Duluth, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Let us just begin by saying this was an AWESOME review. We really enjoyed your appreciation for our pet-friendly atmosphere. We love pets; and we love to accommodate owners traveling with them. Also, you offered a great tip. We encourage all pet owners to consider their suite location preferences prior to their arrival, so we can do our best to select an optimal location for you.

Thank you again for your great review, and we can't wait until the next time you visit!

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beautiful room with full kitchen. Decor was right out a magazine. Clean pool and hot tub. Nice hot breakfast in a welcoming Lounge. We will be back. Sad we only stayed one night. We usually stay in canal park but had marriot points.

• Stayed September 2013

We are happy that we could offer you an opportunity to redeem your Marriott points; and we are even more excited that you will be returning because of the positive experience you had at our hotel.

Thank you for the great review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was by far one of THE nicest Residence Inn's I have ever stayed at. The rooms are very nicely furnished and extremely comfortable, and the service and breakfast were excellent. They have a large outdoor patio area with plenty of seating, a grill and a fire pit. Basketball court and good sized pool. Everything is fairly new. The only downside is that it is not located in downtown Duluth, though it is located on a main road and is relatively close to the airport.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are on the back side of the hotel in the wooded area
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Duluth, responded to this review, September 2, 2013

The hotel was built to offer the design and amenities of a modern home, and we love it when guests voice their appreciation for them. We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel & we hope that you will visit Duluth, and stay with us again soon!

Hopkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here at the end of a two week road trip on our way home to the Twin Cities. This was by far the BEST hotel we stayed at on the entire trip. The staff were friendly, welcoming and provided many suggestions for places to go and eat. The room was amazing - like a studio apartment. There was even a full kitchen! There was a guest laundry which was very reasonably priced and the laundry products were available at no cost at the front desk. The free breakfast in the morning was a great value too. While we were not on the waterfront, the drive down the hill took little time and the value here is worth it. I would stay here again - and would seek out Marriott properties based on my experience here.

Room Tip: Our room on the east side overlooked the patio - not noisy at all though.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

We very much appreciate and are honored to have been "the BEST hotel you stayed at on your entire trip". We take pride in providing our guests with an excellent experience, but we would be lying if we said we didn't have GREAT guests. We hope you had a very enjoyable vacation & we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My stay was first class from the second I walked in. Watching people cook out, nice fire going. The A/C worked great,my room was spotless and I was also upgraded. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Duluth.

• Stayed August 2013
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Duluth, responded to this review, August 22, 2013

At the Residence Inn by Marriott-Duluth we aren't satisfied unless our guests had a great experience. We also love Marriott Rewards Members. It's free to sign up, and it allows our staff to prepare for your arrival by making sure that all of your needs are accommodated--before you arrive!

Savage, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in a one room suite and were really impressed with the quality of the room. It was perfect for our family. The staff was all very friendly, wonderful heated pool, great morning buffet. There's a nice outdoor fire pit our family enjoyed sitting around and talking in the evening. My only concern was one morning there was a young man clearly passed out on the outdoor couches- not much of a view for breakfast with our family. We let the front desk know but they didn't seem concerned. As it started to sprinkle he put a pillow over his head. IMO, I felt he should have been asked to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

We are definitely surprised to hear about the person "passed out" on the patio during your stay. People often like to relax on the patio furniture, but we agree that it's not normal had it been raining. This is the first time this has ever occurred, and we will closely monitor any similar situations in the future. We apologize if it made you feel uncomfortable in any way, but we are also happy to hear it was an enjoyable stay for you.

Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

First Impression: I usually stay at a downtown hotel but decided to venture into the interior of Duluth. In short, I am happy that I did. The Residence Inn is located off of a busy parkway. However, once inside it feels very warm and inviting. The hotel is updated. The lobby contains a fireplace that can be enjoyed on three sides. There is an outdoor fire pit and grill as well as an indoor pool.

Staff: I was greeted by an enthusiastic young man upon check-in. It appeared that he really enjoyed his job, which made for a fun check-in. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very nice!

Room: My room was beautiful. Very clean and well put together. I was apprehensive about staying at a lower star hotel but gave it a chance because of all of the reviews I had seen. I was on the top floor which is the 4th floor. My room overlooked the parking lot. Across from the lot was a bunch of mature trees. When I entered all I could see were the tops of the trees. It wasn't until I step to the window and looked down did I see the parking lot. It was a very nice view especially waking up in the morning seeing lush tree tops. My room was located on the opposite side of the busy parkway.

Location: The hotel is conveniently located near an array of restaurants, mall, gas stations, and grocery stores all of which are within a 1 to 5 minute drive. Cub Foods appeared to be within walking distance. The property is within a 10 minute drive to tourist attractions like Enger Park and Tower (amazing views of Lake Superior here), Chester Park Trail/ Dan Proctor Hiking Trail, Canal Park, and the Glensheen Estate.

Extras: The hotel offers free hot (waffles, sausage, eggs, etc) and cold (cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc) breakfast. They also have free evenings offerings on some nights. They had chicken wings, fresh vegetables with dip, and baked sweets one of the evenings I was there. The food was good. They also offer free internet but I did not use it as I "unplug" myself when on vacation so I do not know how the service was. Also, free parking!

Con: The only downside was that the pillows were skimpy. They were so flat that I might as well have been laying on my back. I had five pillows so I was able to bunch and fold them up to my desired comfort level.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side of the busy parkway on the fourth floor. Great view of tree tops.
Green Features: They offer a choice of housekeeping. You indicate such by using a door hanger that you place on the outside of your door before housekeeping makes their rounds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Duluth, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

We truly appreciate the time and consideration that was put into your review of our hotel. We take pride in how we operate our hotel--and it is very gratifying to receive reviews such as yours that validate our efforts. We will continue to work diligently in providing a MEMORABLE experience for all of our guests.

Residence Inn by Marriott-Duluth

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Duluth? Share your experiences!