“Nice to " discover" a new creative place in Duluth” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
st. paul
“Nice to " discover" a new creative place in Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We read the Trip advisor reviews and headed over.
Nice modern decor. Waitstaff was friendly and attentive. We arrived for an early dinner since we had been traveling all day and were a little concerned to see the place nearly empty. But couples and families started arriving soon. The atmosphere seems both special and comfortable.
My husband liked the rice bowl. I loved the Halibut special. The spring rolls were stuffed with crunchy lettuce and carrots. Very fresh. We would return.

Chicago, Illinois
“A Different ALternative in Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We love Duluth, and visit often. There are some terrific places to eat, but many of them offer very similar menus. Zeitgeist not only offers other options, but the atmosphere is also more clean and contemporary. The bright upstairs (where almost all diners sit) is comfortable and good for larger groups or families. Some folks dress up, some are in t-shirts and shorts, and the restaurant works for either group. There aren't a lot of Asian spots in town, and it's nice to find a few Asian inspired dishes. We love the super unhealthy Pretzel Bread appetizer. Three really really enormous pieces of bread with dipping sauces (which you don't even need, since the bread is coated in butter). we didn't have a reservation, though the place soon filled up. That's when service became rushed and absent. Otherwise, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Sumptious Coconut Bowl with Shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our waiter was also the evening bar tender so when asked for a recommendation for a before dinner drink, the suggestion was unique and delicious. Homemade ginger beer and native Vodka. I frequently order the coconut rice bowl with the broiled shrimp and am never disappointed. Shrimp is perfect and rice is spicy, but not too spicy. For those with hotter tastes, a side of extra spicy sauce is provided, but it is just right for this Scandinavian palate as it is. Followed up with a flourless chocolate cake slice with real whipped cream garnish. Makes my mouth water again just writing this.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“Dinner and a movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner and a movie at Zeitgeist and Zinema 2.

I called ahead for a reservation, and the host advised us how much time to allow given the show time, which was quite helpful. We had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner.

Both meals were nicely presented, flavorful, and satisfying. I had the gnocchi, which was a bit on the chewy side, but the sauce was lovely.

I do wish they had some sort of sun shade for the front window... I know, I know... in a town with a short summer, you'd think I'd want the sun beating down on me. But I don't. Won't stop me from going back, though.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, WI
“Great Food & Bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was just here on Business eating solo at the bar. Felt comfortable with a huge selection of drinks and a great menu.

I had the THAI CHILI BOWL with tofu – they made it with the right amount of heat! A little different menu with some healthy options which is always a big plus.

Visited May 2014