“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Breeze Motel Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Lake Breeze Motel Resort
You added Lake Breeze Motel Resort to your Saves list
9000 Congdon Blvd, North Shore Scenic Drive, Duluth, MN 55804   |
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to explore the north shore. After our first night tenting ( in the rain) we decided to spend a night in a cabin. We enjoyed our stay that night so much that we stayed for several days. The owners treated us like friends instead of tenants. We loved our room. Way better than any hotel room that ive ever used. We WILL be back! If you go to explore the north shore, you should stay at this resort!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at Lake Breeze in one of the motel rooms a few years ago over the 4th of July weekend. We weren't planning on spending our whole vacation at the resort, so the stay was just what we wanted. Generally pretty quiet, and right across the road from Lake Superior with the ability to walk down to the lake (careful, it's rocky). There was a charcoal grill for our use right outside our room with a picnic table, and our motel room had a mini-fridge.
Since we were up in the area mainly to do some hiking in the nearby state parks, we didn't need a luxury place. This was nice and rustic and the people were nice.
We have booked another stay at this resort for this summer. Same room and everything!

Room Tip: Bring supplies for a charcoal grill to cook out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at Lake Breeze Motel Resort several times over the past 10 years. We keep going back because of the view. The cabins are nothing special but they are warm and clean. Our kids had a great time playing mini-golf and volleyball on the property and there is great shoreline lake access right across the street.

Room Tip: The private cabin is very nice for large groups.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stillwater OK, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for work, wonderful location. Right off Lake Superior. The cabins are ok, nothing fancy, but I wasn't looking for that. It's close to Duluth and Superior, so my drive to work was quick. The grounds are beautiful and am sure it's great in the summer.
I'd post a picture if it would let me.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is great. The room was a little small but it was homey. We just stayed there the week of Halloween and loved it. The only problem We had was that the door on the place We stayed in had to be slammed shut to close and we were afraid of waking up the other people staying there. The one group was loud very late into the night but you couldn't hear it in the room which was awesome. I got nervous from the bad reviews on here but I didn't see any problems at all. I could see how it would get very hot in the summer but hey your in a little cabin. I will definitely be back again. If your not looking for a five star resort but a cozy time in northern Minnesota stay there

• Stayed October 2012
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful view of lake superior and great cabin. Will definitely be back again. Great rates and great service from owners. Love the gift shop. Our own fireplace and the almost secluded location. Definitely up north feeling we were looking for.

• Stayed October 2012
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at Lake Breeze Motel Resort during our vacation to the beautiful wilderness of Northeast Minnesota. The stay was extremely enjoyable. The suite was more than amply spacious for the price, and it had every possible amenity. The suite's cleanliness was emaculate. Simply put, the suite by itself made the visit worth while. However, there were other benefits to this venue.
The location, activities, and service provided by Lake Breeze made it even more appealing. The view from the rooms allow for a great sight as boats pass by on massive Lake Superior. A beautiful view, particulary while watching at sunrise, made the place even more special. A natural environment that surrounded the resort even allowed for the sighting of a couple of deer along the forest's edge near dawn. The resort offered a really nice playground for young children, a very nice pool, and an assortment of other activities. Finally, the people who run Lake Breeze are fantastic. They are exceptionally nice people who are more than willing to help out their customers in any way they can. The example I can give was that someone had punch out the power button on the television in our room (a problem that was extremely easy to miss unless you went to use the television). When I discovered the problem I contacted the owner who very quickly checked the televisiion and replaced it with a new one. He was quick, friendly, and fixed the problem, something I cannot say for even the best hotels I have stayed at. The service, activities, and location were amazing.
Lake Breeze Motel Resort was great and I was pleased that I chose it for my family's vacation. I have had to stay at an abundance of hotels and motels as part of my daughter's travel softball schedule and have never been impressed enough with a place to write a review. Lake Breeze is a nice place with caring owners and deserves a good recommendation. Therefore, I gladly recommend it to anyone considering a stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Comfort Suites Canal Park
Superior Shores Resort
#6 of 7 in Two Harbors
4.0 of 5 stars 286 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North

Been to Lake Breeze Motel Resort? Share your experiences!