“Lake Breeze Resort - Duluth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Breeze Motel Resort

Lake Breeze Motel Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Lake Breeze Motel Resort
You added Lake Breeze Motel Resort to your Saves list
9000 Congdon Blvd, North Shore Scenic Drive, Duluth, MN 55804   |
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Stillwater OK, United States
“Lake Breeze Resort - Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for work, wonderful location. Right off Lake Superior. The cabins are ok, nothing fancy, but I wasn't looking for that. It's close to Duluth and Superior, so my drive to work was quick. The grounds are beautiful and am sure it's great in the summer.
I'd post a picture if it would let me.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is great. The room was a little small but it was homey. We just stayed there the week of Halloween and loved it. The only problem We had was that the door on the place We stayed in had to be slammed shut to close and we were afraid of waking up the other people staying there. The one group was loud very late into the night but you couldn't hear it in the room which was awesome. I got nervous from the bad reviews on here but I didn't see any problems at all. I could see how it would get very hot in the summer but hey your in a little cabin. I will definitely be back again. If your not looking for a five star resort but a cozy time in northern Minnesota stay there

• Stayed October 2012
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful view of lake superior and great cabin. Will definitely be back again. Great rates and great service from owners. Love the gift shop. Our own fireplace and the almost secluded location. Definitely up north feeling we were looking for.

• Stayed October 2012
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at Lake Breeze Motel Resort during our vacation to the beautiful wilderness of Northeast Minnesota. The stay was extremely enjoyable. The suite was more than amply spacious for the price, and it had every possible amenity. The suite's cleanliness was emaculate. Simply put, the suite by itself made the visit worth while. However, there were other benefits to this venue.
The location, activities, and service provided by Lake Breeze made it even more appealing. The view from the rooms allow for a great sight as boats pass by on massive Lake Superior. A beautiful view, particulary while watching at sunrise, made the place even more special. A natural environment that surrounded the resort even allowed for the sighting of a couple of deer along the forest's edge near dawn. The resort offered a really nice playground for young children, a very nice pool, and an assortment of other activities. Finally, the people who run Lake Breeze are fantastic. They are exceptionally nice people who are more than willing to help out their customers in any way they can. The example I can give was that someone had punch out the power button on the television in our room (a problem that was extremely easy to miss unless you went to use the television). When I discovered the problem I contacted the owner who very quickly checked the televisiion and replaced it with a new one. He was quick, friendly, and fixed the problem, something I cannot say for even the best hotels I have stayed at. The service, activities, and location were amazing.
Lake Breeze Motel Resort was great and I was pleased that I chose it for my family's vacation. I have had to stay at an abundance of hotels and motels as part of my daughter's travel softball schedule and have never been impressed enough with a place to write a review. Lake Breeze is a nice place with caring owners and deserves a good recommendation. Therefore, I gladly recommend it to anyone considering a stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mobile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

These cabins do not have air conditioning! It was 95 degrees outside and we stayed for three days and needless to say, we slept poorly the two nights we were there. It's every man for himself as far as grilling and getting a picnic table to use, then someone takes the two chairs from our deck besides... it was a miserable stay to say the least. By the way, no TV reception either so bring video tapes.

Room Tip: Just be sure to check that the temperature in Duluth or you will be miserable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I drove up to the North Shore this last weekend and just needed a place to crash. We rented room number 3. It was cute and cozy. It has a fridge and micro, very nice. The bed room bed was awful, we rooled into each other and sunk in the middle. We moved out to the bed that was what looked like a one time living room and were much more confortable. The room is small, but worked great. The biggest issue we had was the neighbors who must live in number 4. They were disgustingly loud until well after two am. I am not sure what exactly they were doing over there, but it sounded like construction. We could hear every word and every foot step they took. They slammed the front door alot. Maybe, they just didnt dig having neighbors. Another issue we had was the water temp in the shower, if someone else runs water or flushes a toliet, you get scortched. Becareful! The room was as clean as an old hotel can get. It needs some updating, but for the price, you cant complain too much about how outdated it is. The lady who checked us in was great, very friendly! I checked every square inch of the beds, bedding, box springs and frames and am very happy to say there were NO bed bugs. I am in the industry, so I know. Thank you for the room, hope you all have a great spring!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My family was in Duluth for UMD Family Weekend and decided to stay at Lake Breeze because it had a fabulous lakeview, a large cottage (really a house) for family to gather, and fairly inexpensive motel rooms. It's about 10 miles from Duluth. It was a great jumping off point for heading up the shore to Split Rock Lighthouse and Gooseberry Falls State Park.

The accommodations were very nice.

A couple of us stayed in the single motel rooms and they are typical, old style motel rooms. A bit small, but very nice - the bathrooms and carpeting were super clean. I felt safe walking around in barefeet. The rooms have a small refrigerator, a microwave and TV with limited channels, two nightstands and two side chairs. The beds are a bit on the firm side, but comfortable. Linens and beadspread were extremely clean. The rooms have individual decks with a couple of chairs.

The cabin/house was awesome! A great place for our family to gather. It has three bedrooms - two with one double/queen bed and one with 2-twins. Two bathrooms. Full kitchen and dining room. A great living area on the front side facing the lake with a fire place (they provide the wood)! There are a few foutons/hide-a-beds around for extra people and there is a "library" off the living room with a fouton that could work for a 4th bedroom. There is a huge deck off the front with lots of chairs. This cabin also has it's own private campfire ring next to it. Note: Some that slept in the cabin said the highway was noisy.

The office has a cute little gift shop and also sells ice for a buck!
There was a little mix up in our reservation, but that was mostly our fault as we changed it a few times. It all worked out in the end. We had a good experience with the owners.
There is a bench across the road on the lakeshore and a rough path down to the lake.
Our family plans on going back to Lake Breeze every fall while the kids attend UMD.

One strange thing.... I was walking back to my room one morning and saw two women leaving the room. I assumed that they were the housekeepers but when I entered my room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke and nothing was cleaned - the rooms are non-smoking. When I returned later in the day my trash was emptied, but the bed was not made, which would have been nice.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lake Breeze Motel Resort? Share your experiences!