“Very clean, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Waconia, Minnesota
“Very clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at the motel on Easter weekend while visiting our daughter. We usually stay in Canal park but it's so expensive and for a short visit we didn't want to spend that much money. I found the Allyndale Motel online and we decided to try it for the one night in Duluth. It was one of the cleanest rooms we've ever stayed in, comfortable bed, had everything we needed and the price was right. We'll stay there again and hopefully the snow will be gone so we can do some walking!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My mom and I have stayed at the Allyndale motel a few times, and we always enjoy going back! The woman who runs it is so friendly (and we both share a love of dachshunds!) And she always makes you feel welcome. I have to say that if you are used to pristine brand new hotels, this isn't for you. The rooms are dated, but exceptionally clean. The motel itself is a bit difficult to find at first, but we just called the owner and she gave us step by step directions to get there. The Allyndale offers great rooms at great prices, I highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I like that it is not to far from places I like to go.
A beautiful nature setting for with challenging hiking trails for you pets.
The barbecue grills are a nice anmity for those who find the duluth restaurant
scene tired and redundant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

You will never regret staying here. The owners are genuine, friendly and hoestly care about you enjoying your stay. They have suites, rooms, grills available and 3 of the cutest little long haired dachshunds to meet as well. Quick to interstate and downtown. Won't find a better value or place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This isn't a chain and that is the best part about the Allyndale. The rooms are a little dated, but it lends itself to the "cabin-type" feel of the place. Kind of like being in a cabin but not having to go that rustic. The rooms are comfortable and CLEAN. The people are nice and prices good. We travel with our dogs and they have a great hill to exercise the dogs on. The deer come down there and sleep at night, so the wildlife is very close. You just feel rested after staying here. We've stayed here several times and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that are separate from the main building the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brainerd, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My name is Don and I work in Duluth quite frequently and whenever Im there I stay at the Allyndale Motel, Personally I wouldnt stay anywhere else, The Location is great, easy access to the freeway and shopping and to the Duluths sights, The rooms are cozy and clean, theres room to walk outside and do activities like grilling on the property, walk your dog, look at wildlife that come through the area like deer, Some coworkers and I even had a fishfry while we were there! The owners Chuck and Suzanne have 3 dachshunds that are just adorable, I have a dachsund I have to leave at home when I travel, very friendly accomodating people run this Motel, Bottomline, Just a Down to Earth, Cozy, Relaxing place to stay, Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have kitchenettes in them with a table and chairs and actually a small kitchen, s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Duluth for work. He was working in Cloquet at Sappi paper Mill, so I spent a great deal of time at the motel. I couldn't have been happier with my experience there. The owners were extremely nice and very accomodating. We were there for over a month and I was sad to leave the beautiful scenery and quiet evenings watching deer graze. I was able to bring my little Chihuahua and she loved all the grass and the friendly staff and guests. I would highly recommend this little gem of a motel if you prefer to be just outside of the city and away from any rifraf.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Allyndale Motel? Share your experiences!