“snow-bird” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Clearwater, Florida
“snow-bird”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I like that it is not to far from places I like to go.
A beautiful nature setting for with challenging hiking trails for you pets.
The barbecue grills are a nice anmity for those who find the duluth restaurant
scene tired and redundant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

You will never regret staying here. The owners are genuine, friendly and hoestly care about you enjoying your stay. They have suites, rooms, grills available and 3 of the cutest little long haired dachshunds to meet as well. Quick to interstate and downtown. Won't find a better value or place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This isn't a chain and that is the best part about the Allyndale. The rooms are a little dated, but it lends itself to the "cabin-type" feel of the place. Kind of like being in a cabin but not having to go that rustic. The rooms are comfortable and CLEAN. The people are nice and prices good. We travel with our dogs and they have a great hill to exercise the dogs on. The deer come down there and sleep at night, so the wildlife is very close. You just feel rested after staying here. We've stayed here several times and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that are separate from the main building the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brainerd, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My name is Don and I work in Duluth quite frequently and whenever Im there I stay at the Allyndale Motel, Personally I wouldnt stay anywhere else, The Location is great, easy access to the freeway and shopping and to the Duluths sights, The rooms are cozy and clean, theres room to walk outside and do activities like grilling on the property, walk your dog, look at wildlife that come through the area like deer, Some coworkers and I even had a fishfry while we were there! The owners Chuck and Suzanne have 3 dachshunds that are just adorable, I have a dachsund I have to leave at home when I travel, very friendly accomodating people run this Motel, Bottomline, Just a Down to Earth, Cozy, Relaxing place to stay, Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have kitchenettes in them with a table and chairs and actually a small kitchen, s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Duluth for work. He was working in Cloquet at Sappi paper Mill, so I spent a great deal of time at the motel. I couldn't have been happier with my experience there. The owners were extremely nice and very accomodating. We were there for over a month and I was sad to leave the beautiful scenery and quiet evenings watching deer graze. I was able to bring my little Chihuahua and she loved all the grass and the friendly staff and guests. I would highly recommend this little gem of a motel if you prefer to be just outside of the city and away from any rifraf.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent one night here recently. Our room was very clean. The decor is very dated, but cleanliness is much more important to me. The beds were comfy. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for restuarant suggestions and directions to various places. Location is in an older, more run down part of Duluth. I stayed at a much nicer hotel in a much better neighborhood in Duluth the next night for only $15 more. I would stay at Allyndale again, but only if there were no other places available.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were supposed to spend the weekend but left after one night. We should have known upon arrival when their was a flee market/yard sale in their parking lot but gave it a shot and were sorry we did. Room was clean enough so we decided to spend the night but the street noise and dogs barking ensured we regreted it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chuck G, General Manager at Allyndale Motel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are grateful for feedback, both good or bad, from our guests. It shows us where we excel and where we have to concentrate extra effort. To this end we have phones if something requires immediate attention and review sheets in the rooms for guest comments, likes, dislikes and suggestions.

This review is rather perplexing as during September, 2012, 1. Our records show no weekend reservations being cut short to one night. 2. No one from Duluth was registered here. 3. We have never had a flea market/yard sale or any other commercial activity in the parking lot nor elsewhere on the property. We are on five acres and have BBQ grills, fire pits, picnic tables and chairs around the property, our guests spend time on outside activities. Also, all our rooms are non-smoking, if guest choose to smoke it must be done outside. 4. We are on five acres and far enough from the street that one would be hard pressed to hear a car and usually there is not any noise from other guests after 9:00 pm. 5. We are a dog friendly motel. Animals are not allowed to be left unattended in the rooms and they are not allowed to create a disturbance. If we are aware of any barking we request that the owners act to make it cease. If we are unaware of any annoyance to our guests a phone call is all it takes to remedy such a situation. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Been to Allyndale Motel? Share your experiences!