“Ore Boat for One” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ships, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located at Canal Park, this museum was once an ore boat.
Hutchinson, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
“Ore Boat for One”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a great tour. I was the only one, so the guide showed me more and went into more detail than he would have done with a large group. We covered the boat from end to end, top to bottom, and I left with a much greater understanding of living and working on an oar boat.

Lindstrom, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Historic & Educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took the family to see the "Irvin" all the education and history and the tour of the inside quarters and how they stored the taconite . Very interesting and the kids loved it!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
27 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was better than I thought it would be. Touring a big empty boat didn't seem all that exciting, but it turned out to be very interesting! The hour long tour flew by; it moved along & my kids (6 & 8) were engaged. Our tour guide was full of interesting information, but she was also rather annoying. Personally, I found her little jokes not funny and her side comments unprofessional. I'd be surprised if all the guides were like this...I accidently overheard a comment by one of the other guides to her, alluding to her time-wasting unprofessionalism. Even with her as a guide, I'd still recommend this attraction. It was pretty cool.

Alma Center, Wisconsin
“Great experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Steep stairs but very cool to see how the ships work and what the crews had to work with. Great details about the shipping industry as well as the ship history.

Willmar, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Great to view outside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was bummed cause we wanted to walk through the ship, but it is a guided tour which I believe was an hour long and since I had 3 kids with (ages 6, 4 & 1) we didn't think they'd survive the tour so we didn't take it.