“Superior hotel on Lake Superior” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitger's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Duluth
Fitger's Inn
600 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802   |
Ranked #5 of 31 hotels in Duluth
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superior hotel on Lake Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight in a room overlooking the Lake. We had a great time at Fitgers. There were few reasons to leave the premises. There's shopping, nice restaurants and local brews all in the same building. The facility is very well maintained. The rooms are clean but a bit dated. The view if the lake is fantastic. I awoke to this orange glow in our room from one of the prettiest sunrises I've ever seen. Gear place that I recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We love to stay and he grand old hotels around the country and this was one of them. Duluth has had it difficult times but you wouldn't know it at this fine old hotel. The hotel from the staff to the rooms to the shopping and restaurants is well worth the stop.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor that overlook the lake are perfect.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The building was built in 1881 and is chock full of history. As soon as you walk in the door, everyone is very welcoming! The doormen and front desk staff are very accommodating. A half dozen or more shops are located right inside the huge campus. Also, 3 restaurants and a cool (but musty smelling) bar way down in the basement. A 5 minute walk from the Aerial Lift Bridge and all that Canal Park has to offer.

The owner, Vlasie, was even nice enough to stop and visit with my wife and I as we enjoyed a complimentary beer and appetizer tasting complete with live music down by the lake-side over look.

Continental breakfast was real simple, but hey.....plenty of great places in Duluth to eat, so it was good enough for a light breakfast. Brewpub had an excellent selection of in-house beers and the food was fine.

If you want the Radisson or a Holiday in, this ain't your place! If you want true Duluth and a great experience.....come here.

Room Tip: Lakeside room. We could see the ships come in and it was just super cool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is conveniently located on the waterfront and it's a really pleasant walk to Canal Park. The hotel was full of character and the room was really comfortable. Every member of staff that we encountered was friendly and helpful and made us feel really welcome. The view over the lake is great and we enjoyed a post dinner drink at the hotel's tiki bar whilst enjoying the view - great end to the day! If we find ourselves in the area again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our roadtrip honeymoon. I never thought my travels would bring me to Duluth, MN, but once we found this place online we knew we had to make a stop here, and it was a good stopping point for heading out west. LOVED the lakefront view, I think for the money you are spending here (its not cheap, even for a low-end room), spend the extra and go for the Lakefront view, you wont be disappointed! Valet service was convenient, even though I am used to parking my own car. Room was very modern and nice, and the bed was so comfortable! As I said before, the absolute best part was waking up in the morning to the view over Lake Superior. We ate at the brewpub in the hotel, both food and beer were delicious! Get a taster of the Habenero beer but be careful, its spicy!! Overall a great stay, just don't expect too much for the breakfast, it was very basic.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Lakefront room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I try to spend a lot of time on North Shore as mini vacations between our real ones, but usually avoid duluth as it is too touristy busy. Needed to spend a night there and chose Figter's. Day started bad at home and continued to disappoint but then checked in to Fitgers and wow it was the days highlight that made us forget about everything else. We prefer to stay at the higher end of the spectrum for lodging be it in the carribean or the north shore and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by Fitger's. Staff was fantastic, food was very good and the location is fabulous!. I am sure that I will go out of my way to make arrangements to stay there again. I have never bothered to leave a review before, but they deserve one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros -
- large rooms - tall celings, up-to-date
- complimentary valet,
- complimentary shuttle - this was a lifesaver for us, drove us pretty much anywhere in Duluth. Reserve it ahead of time to be guaranteed, but we never had any problems using it spur of the moment.
- front desk service - very friendly and knowledgeable
- shopping - hours were a little odd. nothing was open Sunday when we left.
- location - adequate eating/shopping within walking distance of Fitgers

Cons -
- One of the valet/shuttle drivers was horribly rude and we unfortunately we were stuck with him several times.
- No ice, however, front desk will get yousome
- dark rooms
- Restaurants - Tried to eat at Mexican Lindo and couldn't even get menus, while we were there we heard others complaining about food quality so I think we got lucky. We did have a drink and one of their Queso's and it was good. Tried to get into the Brewhouse a couple of times but was always at least an hour wait. Ate breakfast at Midi - service was awful and the food was just ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fitger's Inn? Share your experiences!