“Fantastic romantic getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Austin MN
“Fantastic romantic getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary. Beautiful room with lake view. Spa tub in room. Little fridge and set of dishes. Even a wine bottle opener! The pool was small but nice. Close to downtown. Underground parking was really nice. Great service. Fantastic value. I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recently stayed over marathon weekend.
Location: Convenient location and nice walk to Canal Park and Superior Street. The view of Lake Superior from the room was great.
Room: King with pull-out sofa. Nice layout of room; full kitchen with all functioning appliances; variety of cooking utensils.
Bed: king bed was fairly comfortable; soft mattress
Pull-out sleeper sofa: the mattress was very uncomfortable; every spring could be felt. Essentially no padding on the mattress. Housekeeping brought an air mattress.
Noise: easily hear neighbors' conversations through walls, bathroom vent, and doorway. They do have a "quite time" which most honored.
Shoreline: limited use but nice to sit on grass near shoreline
Cleanliness: everything was very clean except the carpet; majority of carpet was very dirty with stains
Parking: utilized their underground parking which was convenient

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We all know it's right on the lake and has amazing views, it was very foggy the two days we stayed here and we could hardly see the lake, but that's Duluth. We stayed in a condo room and it was very large, nicely updated and comfortable (we were pleasantly surprise when we walked in the room)
The breakfast and coffee (I went to McD across the road to get coffee after my first cup) were definitely nothing to write home about, but they were included. Also had indoor garage available on a first come first serve basis, but since the place was mostly empty when we stayed we got first pick of parking spots (it came in handy since it was raining).
Staff was friendly enough, the common areas were clean and appeared to be well maintained. They call themselves a resort, and I did see a few kayaks and bikes in the underground garage that were available. The water in the shower decently did not get hot enough, this about the only minor complaint I have.
I would recommend staying here (and would stay again), but it is a bit pricey for what you get considering you could go down the road about a mile and stay for much less.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Davis, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our stay at Beacon Point from May 29th thru June 2nd 2014 was a very pleasant experience. Our 1 bedroom room is still in need of their renovation project underway...bed spread show significant sign of age, badly torn seams etc. and their promise of Jacuzzi repair went unfulfilled. The popularity of this place was attested to on Saturday evening when nearly all available parking spots were filled...annoying especially if one drives a large vehicle. The complimentary breakfast was very good, nice variety and good supply kept up by the attendant.
The complimentary "Smores" in the evening were a hit when the grandsons visited after using the pool which is small but barely used. The balcony is a mere 40 feet from the lake shore, nice view until the fog rolls in as it did during our stay. We definitely would choose this location again, good accommodations at a rea$onable price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zimmerman, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a beautiful place! When I walked into my condo I was astonished by the wrap around views of Lake Superior and Duluth. The furnishings were top notch. Beautiful kitchen. The king size bed was very comfortable and the Jacuzzi in the bedroom was HUGE! We were literally steps away from the Lake Walk that took us all the way to the shipping channel and the Areal Lift Bridge. Breakfast was included and was nothing special but we had a full kitchen where we could have prepared something bigger had we wanted to. My only regret is that we could only stay two nights. We loved watching all of the ships pass by. I can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: We had a corner unit which had wraparound windows which were amazing. Being off of the ground floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shoreview, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I barely spent any time here, mostly just to sleep for one night. The view from the room of Lake Superior is awesome! I have mixed feelings about the room. It was a basic king room facing the lake. I like that the bathroom seemed updated and it was big. We did have a handicapped room so maybe that is why. I liked the little sink, microwave and refrigerator in the room. They were nice. What I think could use some updating is the carpet and the bedspread. The carpet seemed dirty and the bedspread was out of date. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night sleep in it. I would try this place again with the 2 bedroom, 2 bath condos since my son goes to school in Duluth and this is a convenient place to stay. Also, I think they are in the process of doing some updating. I hope so.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This resort/luxury condo complex is on the northeast edge of Duluth with a spectacular view of the bay and harbor. Each of the suites are deluxe with all the amenities one would expect with a high end resort/hotel. Three blocks and you are back on the expressway to downtown Duluth with Canal Park about a 10 minute ride. We were there when the ice was breaking up. What I thought was thunder ended up to be ice jams in the lake colliding with each other.

Room Tip: First suite to the left from the checkin desk.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Beacon Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!