“Convenient and beautiful setting” 4 of 5 stars

Beacon Pointe Resort
2100 Water Street, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Superior, Wisconsin
“Convenient and beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Four sisters shared a three bedroom condo at Beacon Pointe for three days. It was very comfortable with two wonderful decks overlooking lake superior. We were right on the Lakewalk and walked to canal park for shopping and wonderful restaurants. Our cars were parked in underground parking, but really didn't need to drive often because everything is so convenient. Bicycles and kayaks were available for use without a fee. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms face the lake.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Troy M, Manager at Beacon Pointe Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed or resort and we hope you do come stay with us soon! Summer is the perfect time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rosemount, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We like the location of this resort because it wasn't in crowded Canal Park but was located close
to the water and the Lakewalk. We rented a two bedroom for six of us. Amenities are nice. The
breakfast was limited and the area to eat was small. I think that was because so many rooms had
kitchens. Sitting on the patio and watching the boats go in and our of the harbor was cool. There was a nice lawn area with adirondack chairs. The stairs down to the lake shore were in disrepair. I think that was to discourage people from going down there, but people will, so I think that should be made safer. All in all it was a great place to stay if you don't want to be cooped up in a hotel room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Troy M, Manager at Beacon Pointe Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
It's great to hear that you chanced it on getting out of the hustle and bustle of Canal Park and it paid off! Sometimes I still stop and peak out the windows when the ships go by! It really never gets old when you are this close to the water. Thank you for encouraging guests to come down who would rather not be 'cooped up' and come see us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I adore Beacon Pointe, but may not ever go back because of the noise. Two rooms adjoin, and the walls seem to have no sound proofing as you can hear every and any conversation that occurs. The entry doors are very loud as well. You can't beat this location and proximity to the Lakewalk which we love to walk, and the view of the Lake is fabulous, but the noise is a deal-breaker for me and I don't know what they could do to fix it, other than to let us stay there by ourselves. Lovely pool, grounds, common areas, and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! And thank you for your response and time spent at Beacon Pointe. I would just like to start out by saying we did just complete a rather lengthy project of installing acoustic insulation between all adjoining rooms. This has drastically cut down unwanted noise. If you find this still doesn't satisfy your privacy needs I would suggest for you (or anyone for that matter) our rooftop suites. They are called one bedroom penthouse suites and they each have a private staircase up to them and they do not share walls with any other unit. Hopefully we see you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wrote a review previously for our July 1 stay. We were put in the handicap room even tho we made no request for this need. The bed was horrible, one third of the king size bed was broken down to the point you could not sit on it let alone sleep on it. We reported it in the morning and like other reviews we were told some new beds are on order. Wonder when that will happen? I see reviews from March where that was the same answer. This is our third visit at Beacon Point and until improvements are made our last. Such a shame for such a wonderful piece of property. Management should be ashamed! I will be surprised if this review gets published, our one from last week did not!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I can address some of the issues. With summer being our busiest time of the year we generally run at 100% occupancy so some people are placed in handicap accessible rooms. The only difference is that these rooms are larger and have a stall rather than a tub shower. Also I can assure you that the beds are being looked into and I sincerely apologize that you had a bed that was unsatisfactory. I see you've stayed with us a few times and I encourage you to do so again so we can make this right for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved the location of this resort! The service was great and loved the the extras that were included: free bike rentals, free movies & games, free s'mores. We rented the bikes several times so we could bike to canal park.

A few minor things that could use some change: small pool, more breakfast selection (hot breakfast would be great,) fan in the shower, more mirrors, bags in the rooms for dirty clothes, & cheaper prices.

• Stayed July 2013
I would like to that you two for staying with us as well as reviewing our resort. We are happy to offer all of our amenities for free and that you took advantage of many of them. As for our pool, it was designed to the size of our facility (we only have 53 rooms). Additionally, we are happy to inform you that we a redesigning out breakfast room and our food offerings. This will be completed as soon as possible and we invite you back to try a new experience!
Otsego, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in Duluth. While it's not the best location, in my opinion, it's still close to Canal Park and the rest of Duluth. Took less than 5 minutes of driving to get to Canal Park. I say that it isn't the best location because nothing is in close walking distance (it's got the lake on one side and the freeway on the other). I'm sure you could take the lakewalk but that would be a long walk for anybody.

The room was huge. We were pleasantly surprised with a true mini kitchen in our room...real serveware, a fridge, sink, microwave, and table to eat at. Everything was clean, the decor was nice, big king sized bed. The bed was very comfortable. Being able to hear (or not hear) noises/other guests is something I consider with hotels - I'd say this one was just fine. Not the best, but by far not the worst.

The pool and hot tub were very nice. We were the only ones in the pool/hot tub area when we were there, which was nice. Seemed pretty clean.

We were shocked when we were told about the underground parking garage that all guests could use at no extra charge. It was so nice, especially since most of the time we were in Duluth it was raining and on the cooler side (not complaining, just saying :) ).

The breakfast was nothing to speak of. I wasn't impressed with it. Not a lot of selection, crappy coffee, no seating area. But what do you expect, I guess, when it's free?

I did like this resort, but I don't know that I'd stay here again if given other choices in Canal Park.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the lake.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive comment about your vacation at Beacon Pointe Resort. We hope the memories you made here last a lifetime – or at least until you come for your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again at Beacon Pointe Resort.
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a local and I had family come from AK, AZ, MT, and MO for my daughter's wedding. We rented the Penthouse. It was clean, wheelchair accessible, and the service was outstanding! I will recommend this resort to anyone who comes to Duluth! The views are breathtaking and it is right on the lake walk. We took advantage of the bikes and the fire pit on the lake. This is THE place to stay in Duluth

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It's so nice to see when people come to our facility to spend time with their family from around the country. With you being from the area we know you have A LOT of options for places to stay and we are so pleased you chose us! It was our pleasure accommodating your needs and we will continue to do so in the future.

Been to Beacon Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!