“The freshwater fish experience”
Review of Great Lakes Aquarium

353 Harbor Drive, I-35, exit 256B, Duluth, MN 55802
218 740 3474
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #23 of 45 attractions in Duluth
Type: Aquariums, Natural History Museums, Specialty Museums
Owner description: The only aquarium in the U.S. that focuses on freshwater exhibits, this three-story waterfront structure is ready for public viewing after a year and... more » Owner description: The only aquarium in the U.S. that focuses on freshwater exhibits, this three-story waterfront structure is ready for public viewing after a year and a half and almost $34 million. Plenty of interactive exhibits and re-created habitats are fun and educational for children. « less

There are newer reviews for Great Lakes Aquarium
Hugo, Minnesota
“The freshwater fish experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Excellent place to visit, especially on a cold winter day. Great view of the harbor and lift bridge. Spent a couple of hours experiencing the exhibits. Somewhat pricey, but our senior discount helped.

Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Nice display but high priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was a nice display but not quite up to what I had expected. The displays and creatures were nice but not as extensive as I had hoped. The glass waterwall although obviously expensive was dirty and not impressive. We completed touring the empty place in 25 minutes without skipping any part. We think that this is a good destination of bus loads of school kids but for senior citizens like me the concrete floors and lots of walking took their toll on my feet. Even at the Senior discount rate I thought it was very overpriced. I would not visit it again.

Visited December 2012
Red Lake, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“A must see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a great place to bring the family. There is lots to see. My favorite is the Lake Trout tank. Buy some food and feed the various species of trout. It is a bit on the pricey side but this place is so unique it is worth the money.

Visited November 2012
Twin Cities, MN
6 attraction reviews
“It was OK but spendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My 7 year old son really liked this place especially the interactive exhibits. I found the variety of exhibits to be informative, interesting and fun. However, I did find it to be too expensive for what is there. I would recommend it to others but only with discount coupons.

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Kids loved the Wow of Water exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Overrall this was a great place to go. I have a 3 and 6 yr old, they both had a good time and really loved the Wow of Water exhibit. They played in the water for quite a while!

Its a little spendy, but I would go again. Educational, good variety of exhibits that interest both young kids and adults.

Been to Great Lakes Aquarium? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Great Lakes Aquarium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.