“It was OK but spendy” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 84 things to do in Duluth
More attraction details
Owner description: The only aquarium in the U.S. that focuses on freshwater exhibits, this three-story waterfront structure is ready for public viewing after a year and a half and almost $34 million. Plenty of interactive exhibits and re-created habitats are fun and educational for children.
Twin Cities, MN
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It was OK but spendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My 7 year old son really liked this place especially the interactive exhibits. I found the variety of exhibits to be informative, interesting and fun. However, I did find it to be too expensive for what is there. I would recommend it to others but only with discount coupons.

Visited October 2012

4 attraction reviews
“Kids loved the Wow of Water exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Overrall this was a great place to go. I have a 3 and 6 yr old, they both had a good time and really loved the Wow of Water exhibit. They played in the water for quite a while!

Its a little spendy, but I would go again. Educational, good variety of exhibits that interest both young kids and adults.

Lake Delton, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good place to see.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We liked this alot. Slightly disappointed that we couldn't see the eagle. And I love kids BUT, two seconds after we paid, multiple busloads of 5th graders showed up. This place is not large enough to handle the number of kids that were there and tourists. We got trampled. Really liked seeing the stourgeons and other fish.

Visited October 2012
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Reflects the Lakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

The Great Lakes are cold glacial waters with water and land resources that humans have used for 10,000 years. This aquarium is less about the fish and more about the entire lake story and inter-connected environment. We found the various exhibits interesting and informative and would highly recommend a visit if you have the time to spend here. Don't miss the river otters!

Taylors Falls, Minnesota, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Walked here when other museums failed us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

A bit more expensive than it probably should be, but we found out it was worth the price and then some! Wonderfully interactive, nice layout, plenty to hold the attention of the young and old! Loved the overlook that you could walk out on--great photo spot! I enjoyed the area you could walk through with the birds. My children loved loved loved the interactive river/lake system and the boats! We had toured a couple museums across the highway first and wish we would have skipped most of those and just headed here! It was our first visit but we will for sure try to return! A serious must do activity if in the Duluth/Superior area!

Visited September 2012

Been to Great Lakes Aquarium? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Great Lakes Aquarium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.