“Really good food, atmosphere left something to be desired.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 230 Restaurants in Duluth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Duluth, Minnesota
“Really good food, atmosphere left something to be desired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

The food and service were outstanding at this restaurant, located in the Sheraton hotel. However, the atmosphere itself left something to be desired. Great place to stop in for a meal, especially if staying in the hotel. If you're looking for good food and a view of the lake - head over to the Pickwick.

Visited June 2014

“okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

The prices were a little high for the quality/portion size. Staff was friendly, but served my drink incorrectly. I think it was a relief bartender, not the regular guy. I prefer less expensive places with bigger portions and better food.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Duluth, Minnesota
“What's not to like about this place?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

One of only a few high end restaurants in Duluth so I was excited to try this restaurant. This is not anything like a hotel restaurant you might have as your frame of reference (301 is located in the Sheraton). Throw the hotel restaurant image out of your mind! My family has gone here twice in the past 6 months--the first time, Christmas Eve. Both times, outstanding service, venue, cocktails, food. Food that...oh my, was so good we wanted to lick the plates when we were done. But we didn't, because this is a fancy place and you want to use your best table manners! From the exquisite choice of hors d'oeuvres (tasty, and beautifully presented) to the dinner entrees, I assure you it will not fail to impress. Both times I had the ribeye steak--so good the first time I couldn't think of having anything but the same again! Sadly, we did not have dessert--no room for it in our bellies. However, what I saw of them...Yum! The price...not any higher than other high end eating establishments in Duluth--and if you're like me, I don't mind paying for excellent quality. The only downside? Getting to the parking lot (connected to the hotel) was a hassle. Parking on the street can be tricky to find. Can't have everything! ;-)

Visited February 2014
Duluth
“Pleasant evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I took my partner here for his birthday. He wanted a steak and they have a hand carved ribeye. It was quite a slab, perfectly cooked with mashed potatoes and broccolini for 28. A veritable bargain for an upscale restaurant. I had the most amazing curried seafood stew for 25. The service was solid and friendly - they made a mistake with our reservation but it was handled graciously and professionally. This is tucked away in the corner of the Sheraton on Superior Street. Intimate and cozy, seating is limited so call ahead and reserve a window table for some good people watching or by the fireplace.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Bay, Minnesota, United States
“poor service, ok expensive food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I don't mind paying up, for good food and service. This place would appear to be able to deliver, but falls short. I was alone at the bar for lunch, the hostess and waitress all but ignored me, and were more interested in their phone or newspaper. I would have expected better quality meat in my sandwich, not processed, for the cost. Beautiful place, but that is the best thing they have going for them. I'm a 35 year chef and try to give fair, accurate, professional reviews.

• Visited June 2013