“Beautiful and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501 (Formerly The Lodge on Lake Detroit)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
MN
“Beautiful and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

We stayed a weekend at the Lodge in a family suite and were very impressed. The hotel staff was very attentive. We utilized the spa and had wonderful service there. The lounge is very nice and there was some great live jazz playing the night we were there. The hotel itself is very nice and new. Our suite was very clean and beautifully appointed with flat screen tv's, comfortable beds, soothing upscale decor, and a full kitchen with everything that you might need. The vending machines were even stocked with natural and organic teas, sodas and snacks. The view overlooking the frozen lake was beautiful as was everything about the Lodge. We will definitely be staying again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to unwind and relax.

• Liked — The beautiful room, live jazz, the spa
  • Disliked — no restaurant on premises
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

The Lodge on Detroit Lakes was one of the fabulous surprises you find once in a blue moon when you travel for business all year long. I was all too happy to sink into the comfort of my spacious yet very cozy room as I enjoyed the view of a spectacular frozen lake from the balcony. The staff was so accommodating that I felt like I was in a five star Hotel while the rates were no higher than the local 2-3 star properties. Thank God I had time to partake in the spa facilities. My massage was heavenly and the steam shower took all the days stress right down the drain.
Breakfast was wonderful and when I was busy I was able to order a nutritious dish to enjoy in my room while I worked.
From top to bottom The Lodge was truly a delight. I can't wait to get back.

• Liked — The rooms were very comfortable and the service was outstanding.
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

We decided on Lodge on Detroit Lake for our family vacation to Northern Mn this year. We looked for a place to relax, get-way-a place with a beach, pool, hot tub and was in a city. we found it here. It is very true that the current Hwy 10 construction is going on, we missed the entrance twice and it is near the train. I think I have a video with the train whistle, the come a few or more times a day and soon we were laughing about them. But it is noise you wouldn't expect by a retreat and spa.

The lodge is great. I liked the lodge outdoor woodsy feel.check in was o-kay, It seems I had made an incorrect reservation online because there were 3 of us and not enough beds. They moved us to a different room- which I liked better. The room I had first was to be reversd with another room, more of a meeting room. It only had a great window not a balcony so I was glad we could be moved. Not time Maybe I should call the place direct. I booked online from there site.

The room: It was a first floor walkout- right to the beach. The room had 2 beds, a fridge, desk which was good for my son, using the wireless internet, big HDTV and lovely bath room all done in stone tile. It only had a shower. breakfast is included and is in the entrance loge or great room. The breakfast was surprisingly good including a couple of Hot items waffles and egg bake and then fuirt, yogurt, bread, bagels, juice, and coffee

Back up by the great room, next to the 2 seat bar, is the Library room. I spent a few mornings getting up early listening to my CD in the library room, off the great room (you can read the bird sighting reports or other area info) or you can sit out on the outside deck too, looking at the early morning fisher-people.

I the beach isnt big, but we managed to float on our inter tubes a couple of days and we used the pool almost daily. I didn't try the spa, but it looks nice. I saw signs for themed nights like " Martini and manicure Night" which is a nice way to bring in folks.
You can use the lodge paddle boat and Kayak. They have a fire pit towards the end of the property. Wood is provided. If you forget everything to make smores, they sell a mini bag of supplies at the check in desk.

Plenty of time to read a book, listen to a CD, enjoy the sunrises and sunsets, hear the trains, watch the birds, boats and kids on the lake. It was a nice few days to get away.

• Liked — Pool, beach, internet, Lodge feel, breakfast included
  • Disliked — contrustion, needs a grill
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

This is a relatively new hotel located right on big Detroit Lake. I found the hotel and room to be very, very nice. High quality and attention to detail was paid to almost everything. Only minor complaint was that when I checked in a bit early at 1pm. The front desk clerk seemed a bit annoyed and stated that check in wasn't until 3pm. He seemed more interested in showing a room to someone who hadn't even booked a room than checking in a paying customer. Its a nice place but the staff needs pointers on good customer service.

• Liked — Excellent room and amenities
  • Disliked — Check in staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

The hotel is very satisfactory. It is on the lake and all the rooms face the lake, most with small balconies. That said, on the other side of the hotel is a very busy highway...with construction...and several busy railroad tracks. the noise isn't too bad, but the ambience is not that of a lake resort!

The rooms are large with comfortable beds and wonderful pillows. The bathroom was large and very well equiped. Only a shower, but a really great one. The rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers. They are well equipped.

Service is good, but we were not given the room we reserved due to overbooking. They offered to upgrade us to a "suite", but that turned out to be a regular room with half given over to a kitchen and a murphy bed insstead of a regular bed. It also had no balcony. I would advise not booking (and paying extra) for a "suite"!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

Beautiful hotel. Everything was well thought out. Loved the hot breakfast. My girflriend loved her spa visit. I think this hotel has got to be one of the best values I have ever seen. I was more impressed here than in a high-end vegas hotel. The view, the granite, the free internet access... everything has been taken care of! I would like to see the bar be open later, but what are you gonna do... Perfect!!!

• Liked — The rooms were huge, nice granite, liked the in-room appliances, free internet was also nice. Great coffee in the morning - organic, I believe.
  • Disliked — Wish there were bathrobes in our room.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

I bring women on weekend getaways frequently....everyone was amazed at their Lodge stay and will definately be back. Our only complaint is the Lodge and Spa Within are not close enough to frequent as much as we would like....The rooms are great, the decor is amazing, the Spa Within is perfect for any retreat stay and the view was wonderful....even in the winter! Wish we could keep it a "secret", but we can't say enough good things for the Lodge on Lake Detroit.

• Liked — Decor and Spa Facility
  • Disliked — No Resturant onsite
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Lodge on Lake Detroit? Share your experiences!