“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went to the Speak Easy with another couple just last night. Our server was excellent! My husband always gets the Tortellini Carbonara and he was very satisfied, that item seems to be one of their better items. I ordered a new dish called Asparagus & Polo Rigatoni. It was in some kind of oil sauce, and dried old rosemary, it was not fresh. It had no flavor at all. An hour later I had a stomach ache. The other couple ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and the same Carbonara dish and they were happy. I guess it's best to stick to the very basic things here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fargo, North Dakota
“Memorial/Re-union Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our family of 55 adults and children had a wonderful Buffet Pasta dinner at the Speakeasy in Detroit Lakes on June 7th, 2014. Owner Michael and staff were totally professional and courteous. They provided a private room which enabled us to enjoy each other. The food was
delicious, salad fresh and tasty, as well as the fresh fruit. Would/will do it all over again in the
future. Restrooms were modern and clean.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Litchfield, Minnesota
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love their food. Had been to the one in Moorhead and didn't realize there were other Speak Easy's around! Lucky find.

Visited May 2014
Starbuck, Minnesota, United States
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First night meal wasn't so hot, went back and against my parties suggestion had the same thing...it was awesome. Service there is great, hope to be back soon!!

Visited September 2013
St. Paul, MN
“Worst service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went for dinner on a Saturday night. We were seated quickly but that is all that was efficient. Our waitress came and took our drink orders fairly fast. But she brought back water after about 10 minutes and said the wine would come later as the bartender was too backed up. There were not that many people there yet so this was confusing. We waited another 10 minutes and she brought the wine and went to walk away. We said we were ready to order and she said she would be right back. She came and took our meal orders and she left. We would see her occasionally dropping off food but no salads came or bread. I saw her deliver food to another table and it was the same thing that we had ordered. She was told that was the wrong food so she left with it. Now we have been sitting here 20 minutes longer after our order was taken and she shows up with our meals. I tell her we did not get our salads. She acts surprised and says she will box them up for us and send them home with us. We tell her we are not at home and can't save a salad. Please bring them. She drops off the food and leaves. She then does bring our salad fairly quick. I had the veggies lasagna and I get to the first bite and it is cold. I tell her and she does apologize and take it away. My husband continues to eat his prime rib and I wait another 15 minutes until my meal comes back. It was a plate of grease as the white sauce has seperated. He is done so we get the check and leave without me getting an edible meal. She did take my meal off the bill. However we have now been there for over an hour and I still did not eat anything more than a small sald. The service was horrible. I never saw anyone who looked like a manager. I would never eat here again. After the bad service and no real interest from the server to please the customer.

• Visited October 2013