“Amazing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Voyagaire Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crane Lake
Voyagaire Lodge
You added Voyagaire Lodge to your Saves list
7576 Gold Coast Road, Crane Lake, MN   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

Stop looking and book your vacation! You have stumbled upon the best of the best. The views, the employees, the services offered, and the food are all great. My wife and I got married on the lawn in front of the lodge with the lake as a backdrop and it was wonderful. The food was amazing and working with the staff was a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

We have taken a houseboat vacation with Voyagaire for the last five years and plan on continuing to do so. The staff at the lodge always treat us like family. They are helpful and polite and make sure our stay is enjoyable. We stay on the 440 sport cruiser with plenty of room for 5 of us. We can't wait to get back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

my wife and I travel a lot for our vacations we always make time for this place They make you feel like family we visit at least once a year if not twice for the last 13 or 14 years great people, great food, beautiful scenery to absorbin my opinion you just can't ask for anymore Hospitality is through the ROOF!

• Stayed October 2014
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I have been going here since a kid with houseboat rentals growing up and camping with the guys (we rent pontoon from here) as middle age has set in.

I brought my daughter, niece, and mom on this visit and we stayed in the beautiful new lodge.

Not a bad room in the place and the hospitality of all is fantastic.

If you want to enjoy the North woods of MN, this is the place to do it.

• Stayed June 2014
International Falls, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

1st let me say I would highly recommend the hotel as the rooms are bright, new, and large. It has a Northwood’s design with lots of wood and perfect for a nice weekend snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ice fishing or just fun in the remoteness on the edge of the Voyageurs National Park. The Lodge (and Broken Skeg Bar) has large windows with a scenic overlook of Crane Lake. Food is available in the bar. I would stay at this hotel again and would have rated our experience as Excellent had it not been for our Valentine’s Day Dinner in the Dining Room. It was a total disaster. I invited two other couples on a snowmobile ride through Voyageurs National Park with an overnight stay in the hotel. One couple had children so one of the spouses drove to the hotel instead of taking a snow machine. I had called ahead to find out if there was any Dinner Specials for Valentine’s Day and was told there were three Specials for the evening. Prime Rib (King or Queen Cut), King Crab and Prime Rib/King Crab Combination. After arrival at the hotel we were asked how many Prime Rib Dinners we would like so we were assured it would be ready for our 7:30 Reservations. Our table for nine and place settings for seven was labeled with the name we had provided and the sign at the entrance told us to seat ourselves. After we had been seated for about 20 minutes and no servers had yet approached us I stopped one of the servers and asked who our server was as we had not yet been greeted. The server stated she thought we had a server as we had cocktails with us (which we had brought in from the bar). A short time later the same server returned and took our order. At that point everyone got up to get their salads. While doing so I mentioned to our server that our table needed two more place settings. After everyone had returned to the table and a short time later our server returned and stated they only had one King Cut and one Queen Cut Prime Rib left and they would substitute Rib eyes in lieu of the Prime Rib. With no other choice we accepted the excuse and solution. At that point I told the server we still needed two place settings as were yet unable to eat our salads. When the food arrived there was a little shock and horror. The two Prime Ribs that were served were supposed to be medium rare. They were pretty much raw. The Rib eyes were 1/2 inch thin cheap cuts you would expect at a Golden Corral (Forgive me Golden Corral, no disrespect intended but you get what you pay for). Needless to say multiple boxes to go were requested. Two of my guests had requested the Combo which was filled with a Rib eye each and no Crab. When they received their bill they were charged for the Combo. I was embarrassed for my friends as this whole adventure was my idea. The server deducted $10 from my guest's bill who had ordered the Combos when it was brought to her attention that no Crab was ever served. Needless to say, all the adults at the table were very disappointed and I was totally embarrassed. The next day my friends and their children were given a $50 credit because evidently the server felt guilty for the poor food and service and the fact that my guests hadn't complained. That was very special. Evidently asking who our server was after sitting for 20 minutes and having to ask twice for place settings for my guests was considered complaining. Additionally, the two adults served the raw Prime Rib were not afforded the same credit. The dinner was a complete and total disaster. I have apologized profusely to the two couples and their children for the dinner debacle. I expected the same profuse apology from the server but it never came. As I began to write this review I had originally rated the overall experience as “Average.” However, after writing the narrative I am forced to remember how embarrassing the dinner experience was and had to go back and rate the overall experience as “Poor.”

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the lake. However, We don't spend a lot of time in our room and pre...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at the Lodge one night, breakfast included, and rented a houseboat the next day. The lodge is very nice and has an excellent restaurant. The houseboat team really know what they are doing. We felt very safe with them. The waters out of Crane Lake are extensive, but if you need help or service or even ice or food, they will find you with their fast service boat. The owners and office staff are very nice and treat everyone like old friends and honored guests.

Room Tip: This lodge is in the wilderness, at the end of a paved road about 20 miles out of Orr, MN. Guest ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Best vacation in a long time. So relaxing and beautiful. Everyone at the lodge was very helpful and friendly. Houseboat was nice and the sites we stayed at were all great. Swimming, sitting in the hot tub, cursing around the lakes, fishing and everything else we did were fantastic. We would recommend this very highly.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get the best houseboat. You will be glad you did.
Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Voyagaire Lodge? Share your experiences!