“Excellent hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Coon Rapids
Grand Forks
“Excellent hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I have become BIG fans of the Marriott brand, and the primary reason is great service. This hotel did not disappoint in this regard.

While the quality of the hotel/rooms is not the best I've been at, we were really treated well--just like we've grown to expect. In addition, the atmosphere was very "homey," and it's clear this is what they go for. When I checked in, I was told I was the "guest of the day" and given a little packet of snacks. When we got to the room and opened the welcome letter given with the snacks, it was hand-signed by all of the staff. This is the kind of personal touch that means something, and I liked the gesture.

The room was comfortable, and the pool was very nicely laid out and clean. We really enjoyed our two nights here, and the only area of opportunity I noticed was that the sheets didn't fit well on the bed and slipped off easily. Oh, and the towels are REALLY thin. :P

Thanks for a comfy stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Jonathon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review is on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay here. Congrats on being guest of the day! I am happy you enjoyed the letter from our staff members. We will certainly look in to the issue you experienced with you sheets and look at our linen quality as well. Thank you for bring to our attention. Thank you again for your review! Happy Thanksgiving!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I came in with a reservation but no credit card for incidentals as I had misplaced it/lost it just today. The lady at the front desk immediately stonewalled me and said "you can only get a key if you got a card." I told her I had the numbers for it and it's under my name. Nope. Understandable i guess. I then said I can give 400 dollars cash as I just went to the bank today to deal with no credit card. Nope. I said I would wave the responsibility and sign for it on a piece of paper. Nope. They do have safe of course. She was extremely unempathetic and unapologetic to the situation I was in even as she told me I was likely not to get the money back from the site I booked the room with. This is all after they took a 50 dollar deposit on my side already from this site even (which they did wave though). I talked to the Manager and it was the same game. No real end reason because I exhausted them all. I even asked if there was any amount of cash she would take. No sorrys or I understand how hard it would be to be in this situation or any attempt at all made it icing on the cake. I feel disrespected and I will try to avoid Fairfield in the future and would not come to stay at this location. I travel a lot and ran into a similar situation awhile back and the hotel was fine without me even putting anything down... Where is the love people ;)

• Stayed November 2013
Mr. Pinkham,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Though I am sorry we could not accommodate your reservations please understand we have a strict "no cash deposit" policy in place for the safety and comfort of our guests and employees. Your reservation was made via Priceline and which also states that you will be required to provide a credit card for incidentals at check in, so it should not have come as a surprise to you. Please see the verbiage from the Priceline booking page below. I apologize again that we could not accommodate your reservation.

Directly from the Priceline website:
The reservation holder must present a valid photo ID and credit card at check-in. The credit card is required for any additional hotel specific service fees or incidental charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel to the customer at checkout. These charges may be mandatory (e.g., resort fees) or optional (parking, phone calls or minibar charges) and are not included in the room rate.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located for my business trip. Most of all, it was convenient to shopping and restaurants (quite the variety in the area). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I'd recommend this hotel to any business traveler and I'm definitely staying here the next time my business brings me to this area.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator (hate lugging my bags all the way down the hall). I NEVER h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Lillian,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent business stay with us. My housekeeping team takes alot of pride in keeping our rooms clean and fresh. We hope to see you again soon!
Glens Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our company staff and the writer of this review have been staying at this hotel for many years and it is always pleasant and the staff is very helpful (thank you Ana). Very good customer service. Recommend for business stay etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
RSDET,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor! We love our loyal guests here and so glad you have been stay with us for so long! We truly appericate it! Ana is a rock star and I know our guest love her just as much as we do. See you again soon!
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great customer service, at check in, the desk attendant offered us a lower bereavement room rate because we were in Coon Rapids for a family funeral. I did not ask for the lower rate, she offered it and I think that is great service. The lobby and breakfast area were clean and inviting.
The room was comfortable, clean, well lit, beds were clean and comfortable as was the bathroom.
Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Joseph,

Thank you so much for taking the time review our property! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay dispite the circumstances for you visit. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our brevemeant rate and that my staff was able to help you during your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Minneapolis! Thank you again!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I always use Trip Advisor when choosing a motel. Not all Fairfield Inn's are the same. You will be pleased with the pleasant staff from front desk, breakfast gal, housekeeping (especially Connie and Jasmine) and even the nice elderly maintenance man who asked about my day. The motel is very clean and I was pleased to see the gal check the food temperatures several times through the breakfast buffet time. Will sure plan to stay again when visiting family in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Shirley,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that my staff including Connie and Jasmie made you feel welcome and did a great job cleaning your room! We look forward to seeing you again when you visit with you family!
Hutchinson, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Few problems with this facility. Anna at the front desk went out of her way to help me find a sporting goods store, printed out directions, and even called them for me to check closing times

The pool was nice and warm (I really dislike cold pools), with plenty of free water toys stored in a chest. The breakfast buffet was good (the waffles are far better than I have had before at hotels, but I was unable to figure out why). The eggs were pretty average, and the sausage was slightly below par. Still, you get what you pay for; the price was reasonable. Four dry cereal choicess, packaged oatmeal, muffins...standard fare. The strawberry syrup option was surprisingly good.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were too thick for my liking so I stuffed a pillowcase with a pair of towels. My room was supposed to hold two queens, but I ended up sharing a king bed with my 11 year old son. Not much of a problem really, so I didn't complain (if I had, I am confident Anna would have taken care of the issue).

The Olive Garden Restaurant is less than a half-mile away, And adjacent to the hotel was another restaurant specializing in Mexican fare, if I recall correctly (I did not try it).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Quist17,

Thank you so much for you review of the your recent stay! I am so glad that Ana was so helpful during your stay! She is a true asset to our team! We hope to see you again! Thanks so much!

Been to Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids? Share your experiences!