“Flavorful & Affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Andover, Minnesota
“Flavorful & Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Simply put, Rose Garden offers good food at an affordable price. I've only eaten it as take out, so I can't speak to the table service or anything like that. I've been going there for years & have always been happy with my order. The portions you receive are quite large, but more importantly, the food tastes good! If you are looking for good food & a good price, stop by.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I order food there once a month. Good inexpensive food. They sometimes give us extra. Been eating there ever since they opened up. Busy place but they give fast service.

Visited February 2013
Burnsville, Minnesota
“I don't get it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When I took some colleagues to this restaurant it came highly recommended by locals, and even at 11:30am there was standing room only waiting to take one of the small tables. For the life of me I cannot understand why.

When you get a seat, servers come around and simply dollop food on your plate constantly until you tell them to stop. The food is utterly mediocre and because it is served in random order you never know what you're going to get and when. I didn't get any rice until I'd just about finished eating, and the rice was the worst I've had in any Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. It tasted dirty and burned; and let's face it if there is one thing you'd expect a Chinese restaurant to be able to cook rice properly.

Dessert was a sugared donut, which was just dumped onto the same dirty plate you'd just been eating your sweet and sour off. Quite disgusting.

They seriously might just as well dump all their disgusting food right into a bucket and just hand it to you on the way in.

Of the half dozen or so items I tasted there was maybe one thing that was passable. Otherwise all you're left with is utterly cheap and nasty 'Chinese' food of the kind you'd find at any low end buffet. But without the convenience of walking over and helping yourself to whatever you want.

Finally, they don't accept credit cards, so you have to bring cash or a checkbook.

I really do have nothing good to say about this restaurant whatsoever. True it is a shade better than the other Chinese restaurant just down the road, but that's not saying much because that one is terrible too.

In conclusion the restaurant is tiny with no atmosphere. It's too busy. The food is garbage. And simply coming around and throwing it onto your plate like you might see at a pig farm, is completely unacceptable.

This is among the worst restaurants I have ever been to in recent years. Yet I may be in the minority here, because it has to be said it was busy, and for the life of me I do not understand why anyone would visit this restaurant more than once.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Rose Garden food is awesome! The portions ate huge and prices are good. I have referred many friends to the Rose Garden. Keep up the great work!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Returning from my last poor review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have turned over a new leaf and decided that Rose Garden is actually delicious. Not only are the portions RIDICULOUSLY HUGE, the General Tso chicken, fried rice, egg rolls, white rice, and Sesame chicken are all delicious! I am not a fan of the cream cheese won tons though because for some reason they always taste stale..that is somewhat of a disappointment because I love cream cheese won tons.

• Visited November 2012