“Great food and excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
“Great food and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Came here for breakfast on a recommendation and was not disappointed. Food was great and our server Harrison was personable and efficient. He made sure everything was just right.

Champlin
“Great local restaurant and bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The happy hour offers a great value and selection. I wish happy hour on beverages included more than rails and beer, but that is typical for bars. Service is ok, moderate speed of service.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Burgers, Beer and Surprising Ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I have been here several times and each enjoy it. Probably one of our favorite places near to our home. The burgers do not disappoint, they give you a ton of fries and we always try whatever seasonal beer they have on tap.

When you first walk in, you can tell it is an establishment for the "locals", but when you sit in the dining area you will be pleasantly surprised by the relaxing fireside ambiance.

It is like dining in a nice place but you spend less and get more food.

We have always had great and attentive servers as well. We will be back...probably a lot!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Champlin, Minnesota
“The hubbies favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Definitely fools you from the outside. You think you're entering a roadside bar and you're pleasantly surprised to find a modern, almost swanky eatery with a semi sophisticated menu and long list of unique drinks like the Minnesota Nice (sweet and sour, get it? Haha!)

My husband likes to hang out here and chat with the locals. It has a Cheers feel to it with lots of regulars who will befriend and share their appetizers with you. The bartender and manager are very cool and welcoming. You can tell they not only like what they do but like where they work so much that they probably hang here when their shift is over.

I recommend the burgers. Very nicely done. The wings are a MUST. They use red pepper on their fries which gives them a pleasant kick. Also, as a huge iced tea drinker, they had some of the best iced tea I've ever had. It was cloudy which threw me but it was sooooo good. This is a go to place to bring our out of town family to show them what our city can offer.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flemington, New Jersey
“Bring back the old menus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've always enjoyed this place for dining and occasionally listing to a band. I love the patio in the summer months! But, the menu changed around 2012 and the portions became a bit smaller. I understand cost controls and I still think it is one of the best privately owned restaurants in Champlin, but I really wish they would revise the menu to where it used to be. Something just seems to be lacking lately. Even the waitresses are commenting that the new menu is suffering. That being said, I will still return many times!

• Visited June 2013