“Third stay at Quill and Quilt and will be back again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Falls
Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast
615 W Hoffman St, Cannon Falls, MN 55009   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Twin Cities, MN
“Third stay at Quill and Quilt and will be back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our third stay at the Quill and Quilt and it didn't disappoint, once again! Everything was fabulous! Cynthia greeted us warmly at the door and showed us our beautiful room on the third floor, the Quilter's Haven. So spacious yet quaint at the same time! We love how everything is so close in Cannon Falls. We enjoyed two yummy dinners at the Mill Street Tavern and a lovely evening sipping wine and enjoying some live music at the Winery. Breakfast, as usual, was divine! Polly does an amazing done. Fresh ingredient and homemade cooking! Had my fill both mornings! Conversation with other guests at the breakfast table was so enjoyable. My husband and I hope to be back again soon and try the Writer's Loft room! :) My only minor complaint is the bed was too firm for me, but that is a personal preference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by Cynthia and Polly, who were beyond gracious. The exterior and interior surroundings are lavish in nature, and restored to a much more elegant period of style. The foyer was not only beautiful, it smelled of freshly made chocolate chip cookies, which were placed on a table along with cofffee and tea for the guests. We stayed in Ruthy's room, which was much more spacious, and even more beautifully decorated than the pictures from the web site are able to show. The ajoined bathroom spoiled us with the jetted tub and soothing shower. The room included a flat screen TV with a built in DVD plyaer. The inn has a good sized movie library to pick from. The floor also has a microwave for warming up left overs and a fridge to store beverages etc... We very much enjoyed the social atmosphere during breakfast. The meals were prepared to perfection by Polly who not only is a whiz in the kitchen, she also adds an element of charm and grace to the already warm and cozy inn. The whole inn was spotless and the aromas that wafted through the building were pleasant and inviting. The location is perfect in that Main Steet is a short stroll, or drive depending on the weather. We highly recommend a week-end stay at the Quill and Quilt. Thanks for a lovely visit. We hope to come back again when time allows. Steph and Mike

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Faribault, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay. Hope to return again. We were greeted with fresh baked cookies and given a historic tour of the house. The bathroom could've been warmer though. Lots of room in our suite. I would also suggest there be evening snacks for the guests. We were given gift certificate for a local breakfast cafe in town. Very nice and quaint there. We had massages and she was very thorough. The room could've been warmer too. We ordered pizza from a local pizza place for delivery. Very good pizza. Dudleys Pizza. All together was great. We also had trouffles and bought a commemorative mug. They had tea also or hot chocolate.

Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Weekend Getaway. This was our first Bed and Breakfast. We enjoyed it! Very clean room, great food, cozy atmosphere, modern conveniences, friendly staff, awesome locals! We visited the local winery Cannon Falls Winery. It was a Friday night and the live music was nice entertainment. Loved it!

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We needed a little getaway and this was beyond what we were expecting. The house was comfortable, the food was great and the the room was amazing! We stayed in the Writer's Loft and enjoyed every second we spent at Quill and Quilt. The Innkeeper is one of a kind..she catered to our every need and didn't make us feel like a burden to her. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast for any couple that just needs a chance to escape reality for a bit :) especially with a winery just down the road!

Room Tip: The writers loft is wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at a B&B, and I'll admit I was a bit nervous based on what I had seen in movies. We arrived at the beautiful house and was greeted by a very nice woman, she showed us around the house and informed us on the things that the town has to offer. We stayed in the Writers Loft, it was absolutely beautiful! My jaw dropped when I saw the bathroom, a huge walk in shower, and a cozy jacuzzi. The bed was exteemely comfortable, and had a nice flat screen tv with DVD player. In the suite was a book that people could write about their experiences, which was a nice touch. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, and the innkeeper paid attention to my picky needs and made my breakfast without cheese. She stayed around and talked with all of us, and made the experience that much better. The house is very well built and soundproof, we weren't bothered by people coming up the stairs or loud tv's. The town has a lot to offer, there is a local winery, and a historic downtown area. I have told everyone about my great experience and I highly recommend it. I hope to be back soon! Thank you Quill and Quilt, for the beautiful home, inviting and sweet innkeeper, and an overall perfect stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Quill and Quilt. The house is beautiful, the staff was very friendly, check-in was easy, rooms were very comfortable, and the food was delicious! (My husband and I didn't even need lunch on the days we were there.) The B&B is only a few blocks away from a suburb winery, two delicious bar and grills, and a very fun yarn store! I do hope we can stay again when its nice outside to take advantage of the miles of trails along the river. We also found a few great finds at the Antique stores in town too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!