“Charming and romantic with lots of extra's!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Falls
Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
615 W Hoffman St, Cannon Falls, MN 55009   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Cannon Falls B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Hope, Minnesota
“Charming and romantic with lots of extra's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at bed and breakfasts before but never one with as many perks as this one. Within walking distance of the Quill and Quilt (we are talking only half a block!) are several bars, restaurants, charming stores, and the best winery in Minnesota (at least in my opinion :). I really loved going out on the town and being able to get back to the house in minutes. Our room was amazing with all the charm of an old house and all the perks of a new one (jacuzzi, fireplace, and a large flat screen tv with a DVD player). They even had current DVD's we could borrow with no rental fee or check-in process.
We were told that breakfast was at 9:30 and because of our evening plans we didn't think we would be up that early the first night we were there. That was not a problem for them. They gave us a certificate for breakfast at the old market deli that was only a block away. Breakfast was excellent and we found out that the President visited there before the election so it was also a cool tourist stop. Breakfast at the b&b the next morning was even better than the Deli and it was cool talking with Polly who is the caretaker and chef. She told us the history of the house and about the ghost who had been rumoured to have been seen several times in the room we stayed in called Quilters Haven.
All in all, an amazing time. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a king size room and felt like I was staying in a suite. The bathrooms are large and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a pleasant place to stay while attending Parents Weekend at Carleton College. The little town of Cannon Falls was quaint and the local winery was a fun surprise find. The Quilt and Quill offered a nice, very spacious, room with a comfy bed. It was very disappointing that they could not move the time for breakfast to accommodate the guests who were staying there. The hostess mentioned that all of the guests were attending the activities at Carleton College and noted that none of the guests would be able to stay long enough for breakfast which wasn't served until 9:00 AM. So the Quilt and Quill didn't have the cost of serving breakfast to anyone it seems that weekend and the guests had to pay an additional cost of buying breakfast elsewhere. I always look forward to a great breakfast when I stay at a B & B and feel like this situation could have been avoided by offering to serve breakfast an hour earlier. The lack of breakfast made the price of the room seem high and took away some of the delight of staying at a B & B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gillemonge1, General Manager at Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
This was a misunderstanding and we apologize for whatever we contributed to that situation. However it is completely false that breakfast is not included. The comments from this reviewer in regard to breakfast are simply not correct, and there is no breakfast is at best incorrect and extremely misleading. Full breakfast is served at 9:30 in the dining room every Saturday & Sunday morning, breakfast is included with every stay. The time is designated, as this is typically the best time for most people. In the event that this time does not work out for a customer, we do not change the time for breakfast in order to accommodate the one guest unless they are the only guest. If we were to change the time of breakfast, which is posted and communicated in many different ways, it would require clear communication and agreement from every other guest involved and this is neither fair or practical. Therefore, instead of changing the time of breakfast, we provide a certificate to have a full breakfast at an excellent breakfast café 2 blocks from the property for anyone that finds the pre-defined time to be inconvenient. We also offer a limited breakfast to be provided outside of the guest room at an earlier time. This is all clearly outlined in our policies online, included with all confirmations, and explained in the printed materials in the rooms. We are not equipped to provide breakfast like a restaurant, although the restaurant where we issue the certificate for breakfast can do this well – which is why we offer that option in response to an inconvenient time for the customer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed overnight in the Writers Loft room. Very nice room, the bathroom had a double shower and jacuzzi. The home is beautiful. It felt a bit awkward and cold beings the owner wasnt there to greet us nor give us a feel about the house's ara. Most other B&B's in the area had that warm cozy welcome. Beings it was a week day stay no breakfast was offered by the owner. We had to go to the local diner to receive our complimentary breakfast. Very impersonal. So, if your not at all caring about that and are going just to get the room then Id go for it.

Room Tip: Writers Loft was a nice but bit small and cozy with alot of highway noise. Id suggest the room with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed overnight in the Ruthy room and had a great time. The room was very clean and welcoming. Nice jacuzzi, excellent massage from Anna (highly recommend!!) , delicious breakfast and dinner at local restaurants (e.g. Mill Street Tavern and Old Market Deli). Both were within walking distance, reasonably priced, great portions and friendly staff. Very pleased with the food and also a big fan of the coffee offered within your room with splenda and creamers. Would definitely consider staying there again. Good location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quill and Quilt for the one year anniversary of myself and my girlfriend. This bed and breakfast was everything I could have possibly imagined and I have nothing but wonderful things to stay about the quality of the breakfast, the room (Writer's Loft), the ambiance, the spa, and the proximity to restaurants, bars, wineries, and social activities. I had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend this bed and breakfast and the Writer's Loft room to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: The Writer's Loft room had an amazing bathroom and whirlpool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was given a Crowd Cut coupon to use for this B&B. Wasn't a hotel or town I would have chosen on my own so I wasn't greatly looking forward to it, but was very pleasantly surprised and had a very good time.

Did have a bit of confusion/trouble making the reservation and using the coupon at first, but eventually it worked out. They also don't take young children so we had to find a sitter so that has pros and cons for couples looking to get away.

Stayed in the Writer's Loft which is nice and more modern than I expected (a good thing!) and has an enormous bathroom!

During the week you don't get breakfast at the B&B which I thought was a little odd, but you get a coupon for basically all you can eat at a cafe down the street. I actually think I prefer this - the cafe was awesome (I'll be doing a review of it too - New Maket Deli I believe?) and we could go on our own time and at our own pace (something I don't love about other B&Bs). Also got a coupon for a bottle of wine at a winery just a couple blocks away so we did a tasting there and bought a bottle.

Not a lot to do in Cannon Falls but Northfield is very close - a great little college town - so you can also easily get there to spend some time. I'm sure there is more to do in the area if you're going to take advantage of outdoor activities on the river/trail which is right by the B&B.

Overall a really nice trip!

Room Tip: Really enjoyed Writer's Loft
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I bought a Groupon voucher for 3 nights, two 45-minute massages, chocolates, wine, two robes, and a cheese plate. I feel that it was well worth it, and it's the perfect get-away if you're looking for some peace and quiet. The Quill and Quilt has the charm of an older house, but everything is clean, and it has nice modern amenities--like that luxurious jetted tub!

Cannon Falls is a small town. Don't come here if you're looking for excitement, or aren't willing to travel 20 minutes for a good dinner (in Newfield). It is ideal if you enjoy kayaking, biking, walking by the river, or puttering around a little town. It took me two e-mails and one phone call (spread out over a couple of weeks) to set a massage appointment with Anna, but she's very nice and gives an excellent massage. Cynthia (sp?) was a gracious greeter, and Matt is also personable and comfortable being himself. Don't believe the reviewers that indicate that he's insensitive; he's just not one of those annoying, perky, monopolize-the-conversation people. Little details like the warm cookies, bath salts, and hand-crafted soap also add welcoming touches. Breakfast on the weekend was quite nice--quiche, muffin, fruit parfait, and turkey sausage the first day; potatoes and turkey sausage, scone, and berries the second. Little elves note your comings and goings and and fix your bed, leave wine (if that was in your deal), leave vouchers for breakfast, and change the towels so quietly that I never knew who did it.

I will definitely recommend this B&B to my friends.

Room Tip: -The Colvill room is the largest--it has a jacuzzi tub and shower, little balcony, and feels the mos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!