“Totally different experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Falls
Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast
615 W Hoffman St, Cannon Falls, MN 55009   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Totally different experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed overnight in the Writers Loft room. Very nice room, the bathroom had a double shower and jacuzzi. The home is beautiful. It felt a bit awkward and cold beings the owner wasnt there to greet us nor give us a feel about the house's ara. Most other B&B's in the area had that warm cozy welcome. Beings it was a week day stay no breakfast was offered by the owner. We had to go to the local diner to receive our complimentary breakfast. Very impersonal. So, if your not at all caring about that and are going just to get the room then Id go for it.

Room Tip: Writers Loft was a nice but bit small and cozy with alot of highway noise. Id suggest the room with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed overnight in the Ruthy room and had a great time. The room was very clean and welcoming. Nice jacuzzi, excellent massage from Anna (highly recommend!!) , delicious breakfast and dinner at local restaurants (e.g. Mill Street Tavern and Old Market Deli). Both were within walking distance, reasonably priced, great portions and friendly staff. Very pleased with the food and also a big fan of the coffee offered within your room with splenda and creamers. Would definitely consider staying there again. Good location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quill and Quilt for the one year anniversary of myself and my girlfriend. This bed and breakfast was everything I could have possibly imagined and I have nothing but wonderful things to stay about the quality of the breakfast, the room (Writer's Loft), the ambiance, the spa, and the proximity to restaurants, bars, wineries, and social activities. I had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend this bed and breakfast and the Writer's Loft room to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: The Writer's Loft room had an amazing bathroom and whirlpool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was given a Crowd Cut coupon to use for this B&B. Wasn't a hotel or town I would have chosen on my own so I wasn't greatly looking forward to it, but was very pleasantly surprised and had a very good time.

Did have a bit of confusion/trouble making the reservation and using the coupon at first, but eventually it worked out. They also don't take young children so we had to find a sitter so that has pros and cons for couples looking to get away.

Stayed in the Writer's Loft which is nice and more modern than I expected (a good thing!) and has an enormous bathroom!

During the week you don't get breakfast at the B&B which I thought was a little odd, but you get a coupon for basically all you can eat at a cafe down the street. I actually think I prefer this - the cafe was awesome (I'll be doing a review of it too - New Maket Deli I believe?) and we could go on our own time and at our own pace (something I don't love about other B&Bs). Also got a coupon for a bottle of wine at a winery just a couple blocks away so we did a tasting there and bought a bottle.

Not a lot to do in Cannon Falls but Northfield is very close - a great little college town - so you can also easily get there to spend some time. I'm sure there is more to do in the area if you're going to take advantage of outdoor activities on the river/trail which is right by the B&B.

Overall a really nice trip!

Room Tip: Really enjoyed Writer's Loft
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I bought a Groupon voucher for 3 nights, two 45-minute massages, chocolates, wine, two robes, and a cheese plate. I feel that it was well worth it, and it's the perfect get-away if you're looking for some peace and quiet. The Quill and Quilt has the charm of an older house, but everything is clean, and it has nice modern amenities--like that luxurious jetted tub!

Cannon Falls is a small town. Don't come here if you're looking for excitement, or aren't willing to travel 20 minutes for a good dinner (in Newfield). It is ideal if you enjoy kayaking, biking, walking by the river, or puttering around a little town. It took me two e-mails and one phone call (spread out over a couple of weeks) to set a massage appointment with Anna, but she's very nice and gives an excellent massage. Cynthia (sp?) was a gracious greeter, and Matt is also personable and comfortable being himself. Don't believe the reviewers that indicate that he's insensitive; he's just not one of those annoying, perky, monopolize-the-conversation people. Little details like the warm cookies, bath salts, and hand-crafted soap also add welcoming touches. Breakfast on the weekend was quite nice--quiche, muffin, fruit parfait, and turkey sausage the first day; potatoes and turkey sausage, scone, and berries the second. Little elves note your comings and goings and and fix your bed, leave wine (if that was in your deal), leave vouchers for breakfast, and change the towels so quietly that I never knew who did it.

I will definitely recommend this B&B to my friends.

Room Tip: -The Colvill room is the largest--it has a jacuzzi tub and shower, little balcony, and feels the mos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosemount, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I decided to play hooky early in the week and spend a nice evening at the bed and breakfast. We were charmed from the minute we stepped on the cozy porch with oversized rockers and tables that beckoned us to grab a glass of wine or cup of complimentary tea to enjoy the perfect June evening. Our room, the Colville Suite, offered all the charm of days-gone-by with the modern conveniences we've come to expect . . . Flat screen t.v., DVDs, coffee in the room, wifi, and air conditioning. The bed was very comfortable with wonderful down pillows.
It was a bit disappointing that the breakfast part of this B&B actually took place at a local deli two blocks away! We were told that breakfast was only served at the B&B on weekends. The positive aspect of this is that my husband needed to be up early to leave for work in Minneapolis and he was able to eat earlier than 9:30 a.m.
It's true that Cannon Falls can be a sleepy small town fully explored in one day, but that's part of its charm. If you like activities, look into staying on weekends that have local events hosted by the Cannon Valley Winery, the city of Cannon Valley, or nearby cities and vineyards! We live 20 miles north of here and are never short of events to keep us busy!

Room Tip: The Colville Suite offers a fireplace for cozy winter nights or a balcony to enjoy summer evenings.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was my third stay and my boyfriends first stay at the Quill and Quilt. We arrived on Friday, early evening, with enough daylight for a walk along the river. Our room was on the third floor with nice views, along with quality shades if you preferred to be private and sleep in. The owner was, as before, friendly and informative, and reminded us to help ourselves to the tea, cookies, movies and games. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable and stocked with quality hand made soaps. After treating ourselves to a relaxing jacuzzi and a movie, both of us slept so well that we made a note to ask what kind of mattress is in the room. We awoke refreshed, made coffee in our room (which comes with quality coffee, sugare, cream, and nice ceramic mugs to drink out of), before heading out on another hike along the river. I have stayed at B&B's througout the US and Europe and this place is at the top of the list for quality and consistency. This place is a gem and I cannot wait to come back, again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quill and Quilt Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!