“when can we go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

You added Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club to your Saves list
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shrigley Park Pott Shrigley Nr. Macclesfield, Pott Shrigley SK10 5SB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
manchester
“when can we go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

spent a valintines break here ....whats not to like...helpfull staff beautifull landscape...spa...clean room 4 poster bed...would recomend anyone a stay here.. it was great..wished we had booked for longer...the resturant was lovley live singer on to which was a plus cant knock anything staff were great

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Cassie P,

I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your valentines stay here with us at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The only reason this hotel is considered a 4 star hotel is because of the golf course on site and the spa and fitness center. The building itself is very pretty but they could have done with a bit updating to the rooms. The food downstairs was average. Not a bad stay at all, it just needs some "freshening up"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Spurs1985

Thank you for your recent review, we are currently in the process of updating various areas in the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to see the changes we have made.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend for a new years day treat , room was lovely , great tv and comfy bed , hotel grounds were stunning, we took full advantage of the spa and leisure facilities which were a real treat especially after a heavy new years eve , would recommend trying to get some sort of a evening meal deal thrown in with your room as we didn't and paid a lot for our meal which was very enjoyable all the same but a little pricey , breakfast was superb with a vast choice of healthy and more gut busting options , will return in the summer

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Mattandhiscat,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our stunning grounds and take advantage of our spa and leisure club. I look forward to welcoming you back in the Summer
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Really enjoyed the time there, good food, busy bar though, but th eoption to go eat in the restaurant. Nice room, clean, friendly and quick check in and -out. Beautiful area, nice views. Would go there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Found this by chance as I'm currently working near Manchester Airport. It's about 30 mins drive, but its a nice drive out into the country side.

It's an impressive structure with its own chapel, sprawling, grand and interesting.

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Room service was fast and excellent.

Liked it so much that I'm looking for an excuse to bring the family the next time I'm up this way.

• Stayed February 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hmm this may be my longest review ever. Let's start with the positive. Comfy bed
Awful approach road in the dark so try to get here the first time in the light
Rabbit warren although the main building is attractive. The dining room too looks good in the evening if a little chilly but these large old houses are difficult to heat and they were certainly trying as all radiators functioning. The food was awful. The service wasn't good. Our new waitress couldn't answer any questions. I ordered a gin and tonic and was offered single or double. I chose a double. Added what I thought was an appropriate amount of tonic and couldn't taste any gin. When queried told it was a single. No apology. Ruined that one.
We both had pheasant breast with leg bubble and squeak. Does everyone understand this term? Apparently there is pheasant leg in the bubble? Anyway, on the pheasant front and in the spirit of the current horsemeat debacle we are still trying to work out what we got because I have never had a pheasant that tasted like this. Asked where it was sourced. Waitress got supervisor who said she had asked the chef and it was locally sourced. Now she didn't ask the chef as i could see her the whole time and she did not leave her station. When told it didn't taste like pheasant she said she wouldn't know as she didn't eat it. I asked to talk to the chef. Explained there was no flavour at all, was it chicken? Guinea fowl. Asked how long it had been hung. He would ask the butcher. Anyway no one else had complained
Breakfast after that was ok. Congealed eggs. Bread was not replenished. In the cold light of day without table cloths the dining room much less attractive with sixty style Formica tables Dirty plates, food dried on them from dishwasher. It was ok.
Now info on room which overlooked a court yard and was a very long walk from the main budding. A long and very cold walk. No facecloths. No filter in wash hand basin, just waiting for those rings. Fan switches on with light so you can't leave the bathroom light on at night unless you are deaf. Duff batteries in tv remote.
Does anyone else hate those coat hangers that have to stay attached to the rail as much as I do. Well these are double sided! If they told me I would be happy to donate coathangers I recycle so many. Does anyone really want to take them away?
Sign in the grounds saying ask reception about walks. I did. They said, well there is one but you have to watch out for golfers. Yes, this is a golf club, but where is the walk. Oh, where you saw the sign

I think you get the picture. We won't be doing this again and I cannot imagine how it got a four star rating. Hope this helps

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pott Shrigley hotels

preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would like to say that me and my hubby stayed for our wedding anniversary we had a lovely time the room, food. was excellent, thank you to you all for making our stay wonderful. The spa was super and we had a couple of treatments my therapist was called janine a lovely pleasent girl who explained everything before my therapy thank you and my nails are still stunning hope to see you all again real soon.

Room Tip: Room 217 lovely big room big bathroom bathrobe and slippers woodland veiw