“Stayed while visiting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

You added Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club to your Saves list
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shrigley Park Pott Shrigley Nr. Macclesfield, Pott Shrigley SK10 5SB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Stayed while visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting our daughter in Macclesfield . The grounds and golf course are stunning and the hotel pretty. The food was ok and we didn't starve. The spa and gym area were clean and well kept .
will return again i'm sure.
Jo

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My son had his wedding reception at the hotel last weekend. the venue was stunning and we can not speak highly enough of the manager and staff. They couldn't do enough for us and everything was perfect. Becca Jones the wedding planner had been excellent in the planning and the organisation. They held rooms for our party at a special rate. the bedrooms were of a high quality and everyone really enjoyed their stay. at the reception the food was of a very high quality, well presented and even though they served over 120 people it all came hot and people were served quickly. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are of high quality but those in the new part of the hotel were cooler
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you veyr much for your excellent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your son's special day. I will pass on your thanks to the team, especially Becca.

North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

An excellent hotel. All staff were outstanding in offering the very best in customer service to ensure that our stay was both pleasurable and memorable. Excellent rooms, facilities, service and surroundings. We attended a wedding and every detail was perfect. The suite was beautiful and the food, bar service and reception facilities were outstanding. As frequent travellers, we would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room in the original building - the four-poster rooms are excellent and the deco...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I will pass on your commenst to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked 4 rooms so my wife and I could celebrate my wife's 60th birthday with some of our friends using the Chatsworth "deal". We had recommended the hotel to our friends and the staff did not let us down, although not all the rooms were available when we arrived. One of my friends was able to get a late booking for 9 holes of golf while we just chilled in the spa and then later watched the golfers on the 9th tee from the ideally placed benches. The view of the Cheshire plain was stunning. The evening meal was excellent and the rooms were of a good quality. We shall be going back again if a similar deal is on offer in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and wish your wife a very Happy Birthday.

Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just had a day at the health spa courtesy of Groupon. The Spa is located in what appears to be an old (large) Chapel, which is different! Signage from the rear car-park is non existent and we had to ask for directions to find the Spa.

The staff were lovely, helpful and very welcoming. Tried the pool, gymn and steam-room and all were fine although the steam-room roof needs a coat of paint. Changing rooms are a litte dated but serviceable. Very nice relaxation area where you can get coffee/tea etc and just chill.

I was also treated to a back and neck massage in the treatement area - I was a massage virgin before that - which was a very relaxing experience delivered in a lovely peaceful location. Can't fault that.

We had lunch in one of the hotel bars, which was OK but not particularly original.

Have given it 4/5 because overall it was an enjoyable, relaxing and worthwhile experience.

Would I go back? If I was in the area again and was looking for a gymn, probably.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable visit and especially enjoyed the massage. Your comments have been noted and will be addressed.

Thanks again
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was a guest at my cousin's wedding at this venue. I didn't stay over so can't comment on the bedrooms although my grandparents and uncle and aunty complained they were too hot.

First impressions were literally... wow! the surroundings and buildings are absolutely beautiful. The main building over looks the golf course which looks like it's kept well (although I'm not expert)

The staff were extremely warm and friendly! and Jon who was obviously looking after the wedding party looked after everyone extremely well.
The food, for a wedding, was good... The crumble delish! Overall we had a really lovely time, it was just perfect sat outside in the court yard with drinks and friends...

We hope to have an opportunity to stay here in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and I will pass on your compliments to John and his team.

wirral, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We Stayed on a golf break, room was fine and clean. Views are stunning and golf course very good. Down side's are ...No air con in room, bar prices are very expensive and the biggest let down was the spa area....very tired and very basic. Staff are excellent and food in restaurant was lovely. I would return with my wife for a weekend, but not with my mates on a golf break....bar bill was massive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your constructive review, I am delighted that on the whole you enjoyed your stay.

Following Puma Hotels' Collection takeover of the management of the hotel in April 2012 we are conducting a full review of offering and selling prices for food and drink and we are also reviewing the hotel for investment needs.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Stuart

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!